The NETFLIX QUINCY JONES documentary shows that DRE AND KANYE aint nowhere near this dude

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Bro why Dre and Kanye

When are we going to start talking Juice & Paul

juice and paul are dope ..so is my favorites..Premier..Pete Rock..Large Pro ...DJ Toomp...9th wonder...Shawtay Red

but at the end of the day THEY ALL ARE JUST TALENTED BEATMAKERS...

they ain't NO DAMN PRODUCERS...... :camby:

just because you POUR SYRUP OVER SHYT DON'T MAKE IT PANCAKES :umad:

10:31

Superstar
Daps
Yall going to stop doing this shyt

I’m listening to the joe budden podcast last Saturday and they’re talking about 3 6 being pioneers and trend setters

Mane lets talk about it

Juice and Paul got R&B nikkas on trap beats trying to sing and rap at the same time

juice and paul are dope ..so is my favorites..Premier..Pete Rock..Large Pro ...DJ Toomp...9th wonder...Shawtay Red

but at the end of the day THEY ALL ARE JUST TALENTED BEATMAKERS...

they ain't NO DAMN PRODUCERS...... :camby:

just because you POUR SYRUP OVER SHYT DON'T MAKE IT PANCAKES :umad:

Breh.. hol up

Kanye and Dre’s impact does not have the longevity juice and Paul’s has (STILL HAS)

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
Yall going to stop doing this shyt

I’m listening to the joe budden podcast last Saturday and they’re talking about 3 6 being pioneers and trend setters

Mane lets talk about it

Juice and Paul got R&B nikkas on trap beats trying to sing and rap at the same time

man if you don't sit yo azz down....

you cannot talk about Juice and Paul without talking about how they were heavily reliant on Willie Hutch and the Stax sound out of memphis

PAY HOMAGE YUNG N1KKA :ufdup:

Superstar
Daps
man if you don't sit yo azz down....

you cannot talk about Juice and Paul without talking about how they were heavily reliant on Willie Hutch and the Stax sound out of memphis

PAY HOMAGE YUNG N1KKA :ufdup:

Homage paid

With that said, let’s stop making Dre.. Kanye... the vandguard

Juice and Paul created something we’ve never seen or heard

Don’t let a popular mainstream podcast take something we a acknowledg here first..

Come on mane

Superstar
Daps
We dicussed this in that big Quincy thread not too long ago... people were saying rap producers are on his level..lol

Why can’t they be?

Don’t wait for a Netflix documentary to promulgate the narrative

Of the Joe Budden podcast

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Homage paid

With that said, let’s stop making Dre.. Kanye... the vandguard

Juice and Paul created something we’ve never seen or heard

Don’t let a popular mainstream podcast take something we a acknowledg here first..

Come on mane

You can't say Paul & Juicy J pioneered something and leave Dre out of the mix (no pun). Memphis was on the map before so called Mafia fans even had a clue as to who they were. Eightball & MJG were already on that sound before Three Six blew and Ball & G were doing it independently.

It's crazy to put Paul & J on this pedestal because "trap" is the dominant sound of the day. There's a lot of producers that "trap" owes a great debt outside of Paul & J.

Meanwhile, it's hard to name a Hip Hop producer, Dre ain't influence just like it's hard to name a producer in general (across all genres) that Quincy ain't influence.

Superstar
Daps
You can't say Paul & Juicy J pioneered something and leave Dre out of the mix (no pun). Memphis was on the map before so called Mafia fans even had a clue as to who they were. Eightball & MJG were already on that sound before Three Six blew and Ball & G were doing it independently.

It's crazy to put Paul & J on this pedestal because "trap" is the dominant sound of the day. There's a lot of producers that "trap" owes a great debt outside of Paul & J.

Meanwhile, it's hard to name a Hip Hop producer, Dre ain't influence just like it's hard to name a producer in general (across all genres) that Quincy ain't influence.

Wait what?

I’m not saying Dre didn’t or Ye for that matter, I’m saying they aren’t the vanguard or the standard.

The dominant sound of today? Arguably the the last 17 years and counting

Transcending genres
Moving scoring
Commercials

Don’t let Netflix control the narrative. When I heard Budden and them talking about Three Six in the same breath as BIG, Hov, and Snoop all I could think about was how we established that here first

Their documentary hasn’t been made yet

and for the record, Ball & Gs sound is nothing/was nothing like Juice and Pauls

infamousred

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Try to constantly downplay Paul and j while you dikkride timbo brehs:laff: