The Myknee Hurting Invitational: Celtics vs Cavs for the ECF Crown

Who wins

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Celtics had 42 uncontested shots in game 2, Cavs had 11. If the Celtics win this series, that'll be the reason why.

Sure, you can point out that TT, Hill and JR combined for 11 points, you can say Bron did everything he could with a 40p trip dub, other people need to step up!

But if you watched the game, you see everyone, including your king, standing around on defense letting the Celtics shoot uncontested on 50% of their shots.

If I'm a Cavs fan, or a LeBron fan, I'd much rather he go for 25/6/6 and play agro as fukk on defense. But hey, maybe getting a 40p trip dub is more important to you and let's Bron shift the blame to his team for their lack of playing d.

If Lebron/Love are carrying the load on offense,shouldn't the other 3 starters carry more of a load on defense?......Hill and Smith have been garbage on both sides of the ball.....Like what's their excuse?......and if Lebron is putting up 25/6/6...who's gonna pick up the slack on offense?...Green?...Smith?...Hill?

If Lebron avg 25/6/6 in the playoffs he would have never won a Championship.

Last edited:

b. woods

Peace
Daps
DdSfs19VAAMvPAF.jpg

:mjlol: The look on his face makes it even funnier.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
Out of the 16 playoff teams...who has the worst starting PG?...who has the worst starting SG?

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
Celtics had 42 uncontested shots in game 2, Cavs had 11. If the Celtics win this series, that'll be the reason why.

Sure, you can point out that TT, Hill and JR combined for 11 points, you can say Bron did everything he could with a 40p trip dub, other people need to step up!

But if you watched the game, you see everyone, including your king, standing around on defense letting the Celtics shoot uncontested on 50% of their shots.

If I'm a Cavs fan, or a LeBron fan, I'd much rather he go for 25/6/6 and play agro as fukk on defense. But hey, maybe getting a 40p trip dub is more important to you and let's Bron shift the blame to his team for their lack of playing d.
to be fair to lebron. that hit on his head changed his demeanor for the rest of the game..

he stopped attacking the paint and started shooting.. and not the same shot as the start of the game... he was shooting because he didnt want to drive...and i think it affected his defense.. he was contesting last game...after the hit he stopped running.. he actually tried to get rid of the ball a lot...

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
If Lebron/Love are carrying the load on offense,shouldn't the other 3 starters carry more of a load on defense?......Hill and Smith have been garbage on both sides of the ball.....Like what's their excuse?......and if Lebron is putting up 25/6/6...who's gonna pick up the slack on offense?...Green?...Smith?...Hill?

If Lebron avg 25/6/6 in the playoffs he would have never won a Championship.

No offense, I ain't trying to start an argument, but this is the dumbest thing I ever heard. So because Bron and Love are the leading scorers, that means the rest of the team plays 3v5 on D while Bron and Love stay 20 feet off their man?

My point is, if Bron is the catalyst for this team, the leader and hes not playing any D the rest of the team is going to feed off of that. Now imagine if Bron put as much effort into defending as he does for scoring, his team would pickup off that energy and play D as a collective.

Expecting 3 guys to step it up to cover 5 while your best player is playing off ball D by 20 feet is exactly why the Cavs in an 0-2 hole.

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
to be fair to lebron. that hit on his head changed his demeanor for the rest of the game..

he stopped attacking the paint and started shooting.. and not the same shot as the start of the game... he was shooting because he didnt want to drive...and i think it affected his defense.. he was contesting last game...after the hit he stopped running.. he actually tried to get rid of the ball a lot...

I won't argue that point. The hit def affected him. But it isn't just this game. There are so many clips of Bron not playing D you could make a mini series out of it.

I ain't a Bron fan, I'm a lifelong Celts fan, but I can admire what Bron brings to the NBA and his greatness. I think he used to be a great defender but now he gives little effort. Maybe it is old age, maybe he ain't got the juice for it. But if he can still shoot 27 times, grab 10 boards and control the ball for his team on offense, then he could scale that back by 15% and give more on D is all im saying.

Mars

Superstar
Daps
No offense, I ain't trying to start an argument, but this is the dumbest thing I ever heard. So because Bron and Love are the leading scorers, that means the rest of the team plays 3v5 on D while Bron and Love stay 20 feet off their man?

My point is, if Bron is the catalyst for this team, the leader and hes not playing any D the rest of the team is going to feed off of that. Now imagine if Bron put as much effort into defending as he does for scoring, his team would pickup off that energy and play D as a collective.

Expecting 3 guys to step it up to cover 5 while your best player is playing off ball D by 20 feet is exactly why the Cavs in an 0-2 hole.

Lebron gave effort on defense last night...Example:The Rozier chase down block...The chase down on Horford when Boston turned the ball over....He wasn't great on defense,but he also wasn't bad.At some point,other players need to step up.

G.Hill:1-4/3p/1a and bad defense
Smith: 0-7 and bad defense

Hill and Smith were bad on both sides of the ball.

Supercoolmayo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Master Roshi's Island

Yeah but then he gets shytted on for not gaving better stats

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Lebron gave effort on defense last night...Example:The Rozier chase down block...The chase down on Horford when Boston turned the ball over....He wasn't great on defense,but he also wasn't bad.At some point,other players need to step up.

G.Hill:1-4/3p/1a and no defense
Smith: 0-7 and no defense

Like god damn...do something on offense or defense.
A block is not indication that a player is playing good defense overall in 4 quarters. Defensively, Lebron has fallen off since he left Miami. He doesn't play defense with any effort. Lebron play defense on the least offensive scorer he can find in the opposing team and wonder around the passing lane, looking for a steal. He won't rotate on the catch and shoot players. Don't let that triple double or chase down block fool you. His defense is horrid. This the same guy who allowed the Warriors to score on him on an 60% efficient rate in field goal attempts. :huhldup:

Last edited:

G-Zeus

G-Zeus Chrystler...the brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Brehsident evil
I won't argue that point. The hit def affected him. But it isn't just this game. There are so many clips of Bron not playing D you could make a mini series out of it.

I ain't a Bron fan, I'm a lifelong Celts fan, but I can admire what Bron brings to the NBA and his greatness. I think he used to be a great defender but now he gives little effort. Maybe it is old age, maybe he ain't got the juice for it. But if he can still shoot 27 times, grab 10 boards and control the ball for his team on offense, then he could scale that back by 15% and give more on D is all im saying.
i think he would have given at least 50% more .. first game james was contesting...almost got dunked on twice... but he was dazed.. he wasnt running on offense.. he wasnt running on defense until his head cleared near the end.. and even after a few lay ups.. he went back to being passive...

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I pretty much called this, but props to Brad Stevens in getting that Celtics team with that mindset where they're not shook or enamored over LeBron. That's the number one problem with the Raptors. When you have someone like Derozan that said last year "If we had LeBron we would have won", you basically already admitted to curl into a fetal position whenever you face the Cavs. Everyone, from the BS sports analysts, social media, articles, and so forth literally believed the whole narrative of LeBron was feeling out game one and he's going to take over game two and the Celtics is going to bow out and quit. The Pacers provided a blueprint but weren't as good or as discipline a team to close out their games. The Celtics took that blueprint and with a superior defense and a motivated hunger that's so far unmatched, they are cool with LeBron getting his. Brad Stevens after game one stated they EXPECTED it and they'll be prepared for it. It's not that difficult to understand in that you just deny the rest of the team in contributing, LeBron can do all that he can and this would be the end result. It's the whole reason Brad Stevens was momentarily pissed when Korver was initially getting hot, because Smart kept missing his assignment and he had to get on him or the team rather for that. 2nd half, they were all on that dude. You really have to give props to the Celtics DEFENSE. The Cavs defense, we knew is garbage, so no matter how inconsistent the Celtics are on offense, they know going in on their defense and take everybody else out in contributing...