The most overrated comic artist ever...is John Romita Jr

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
What's the consensus on Jack Kirby?

Great

As far as Romita, Jr goes, I'll forever love him because of his work on spider man specifically his JMS run. Anxious to see what he does on superman year one. I don't think he's overrated at all homie. He may not be the most consistent but when he knocks it out of the park it's hard to catch him

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I was a JRJR fan when he used to draw like his pops.
q0z6c9P.jpg

He lost me when he started doing that flat, boxy style.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Like many others said, when JRJR is on...not many can touch him....especially the current crop. But you can tell when he's being lazy and it's a rush job. He'll throw almost anything out there.

Now one I don't mess with like that is Bachalo. I got sick of his style quickly.

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
Greg Land is a mess. I don't know when he started using tracing software and recycling the same images over and over.
This shyt is crazy yet he continues to still get work:
hXPPHj0.jpg

NecCsDg.jpg

pjRmk5I.jpg

RX4GK0x.jpg

Damn. The Coli has all sorts of topics and Skills. Y'all calling out artist on their laziness. Well damn. :picard:

TNC

Hardbody
Daps
JRJ has never been great imo but he's pretty consistently average. He does decent work for street level characters but outside of that, I'd never pick him to do anything I'd like to read

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Greg Land is a mess. I don't know when he started using tracing software and recycling the same images over and over.
This shyt is crazy yet he continues to still get work:
hXPPHj0.jpg

NecCsDg.jpg

pjRmk5I.jpg

RX4GK0x.jpg

Meets deadlines:yeshrug:

In regards to JRJR new style, it's just that, a style. I'm sure he can go back to the more realistic look like his Iron Man run.

Last time i bought one of his books was when he did the Eternals. It was the new style and it took a few issues to get used to but it looked good to me. His storytelling is still top notch. A lot of splash pages the 90's pencilers used to do were unnecessary.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Like many others said, when JRJR is on...not many can touch him....especially the current crop. But you can tell when he's being lazy and it's a rush job. He'll throw almost anything out there.

Now one I don't mess with like that is Bachalo. I got sick of his style quickly.

Bachalo is one of my personal goats. It's at the point where is pick up almost anything he's drawing on.