"The Mortal Instruments" being rebooted as a ABC Family show "Shadowhunters" thread

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
TMI failed because they cast this guy as the male lead:
xOVAzh6.jpg

He is why Camelot failed miserably on Starz too.
He is just terrible and no one wants to see him on any screen.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Looks kinda cheesy. I thought they'd go for a darker tone like Vampire Diaries / Originals instead it looks a little like a comic. I'll give it a chance though.

MalikReloaded

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 215
TMI isn't really dark though.

I disagree. The book is about demon hunters.

The promo looks colorful and bright and glamorous. Dont know. I would've shot it in the same style as The Vampire Diaries or Supernatural.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I disagree. The book is about demon hunters.

The promo looks colorful and bright and glamorous. Dont know. I would've shot it in the same style as The Vampire Diaries or Supernatural.
It's pretty light though. It's a supernatural teenage romance novel. At times characters may do dark things but the overall tone is far from that. That trailer looks like it actually captures the feel of the books.

Calling TMI dark because it has demon hunters is like calling Twilight dark because it has vampires. TMI is basically Twilight with a fair bit more action.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Mortal Instruments started as a plagarized version of a Draco/Hemione fan fiction. FYI
I am still amazed by how these fan fiction writers have been able to make bank aping Twilight and Harry Potter.
That fat bytch who wrote Fifty Shades of Grey started that whole thing as a fan fic of the two main characters from Twilight having kinky sex.
I need to start writing shytty fan fiction based on Young Adult novels.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
I am still amazed by how these fan fiction writers have been able to make bank aping Twilight and Harry Potter.
That fat bytch who wrote Fifty Shades of Grey started that whole thing as a fan fic of the two main characters from Twilight having kinky sex.
I need to start writing shytty fan fiction based on Young Adult novels.

Fan fiction has a large following of young teens (mostly girls) who eat up horrible writing. So you don't have to be great or talented to make cheesy teen romance novels. It's a great way to practice writing and see what girls like and navigate too. Because you can read reviews.

I used to read fan fiction in high school.