"The Mortal Instruments" being rebooted as a ABC Family show "Shadowhunters" thread

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
I actually read about it this morning. It's crazy that the movie bombed. The MI series has sold over 35 million books and the movie was a flop. Divergent only sold 13-15 million books but, made almost $300 million at the box office. I can't even begin to explain that one :patrice: The fan base is 20x bigger than TVD was before it became a show, so a Mortal Instruments show could work. I'm reading COHF now and :whew: this has to be translated to some type of screen.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I actually read about it this morning. It's crazy that the movie bombed. The MI series has sold over 35 million books and the movie was a flop. Divergent only sold 13-15 million books but, made almost $300 million at the box office. I can't even begin to explain that one :patrice: The fan base is 20x bigger than TVD was before it became a show, so a Mortal Instruments show could work. I'm reading COHF now and :whew: this has to be translated to some type of screen.
The "Divergent" movie is WAY BETTER than The Mortal Instrument movie though.

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Shaleine Woodley maybe?:yeshrug:

I don't know any actors from the other movie.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Shaleine Woodley maybe?:yeshrug:

I don't know any actors from the other movie.

:yeshrug: Lily Collins, Lena Headey, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Jamie Campbell Bower, Jared Harris, & etc were notable names in the movie.

Full cast:

:ohhh: Real talk, They had a good cast for this movie. The direction and/or writing just wasn't right.

Last edited:

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
The "Divergent" movie is WAY BETTER than The Mortal Instrument movie though.

Yea it definitely was :mjcry: Just saying TMI had the way bigger fanbase yet it crashed and burned. Vampires, Demons and Werewolves are out. You gotta make dystopian now to eat :mjcry:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
4/14/15 Update:

3/30/15 Update:

Original post:

:mjpls::mjlol: That sequel didn't work out?!

@winb83 @Malik

I thought TMI would work as a movie but I couldn't even make it 30 minutes into it. I definitely don't think it'll work as a TV show. Something I guess it's either read them or nothing.