The Metal Gear Solid 1 Thread

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Twin snakes had the re-recorded voice acting that didn’t even come close to the original
This is literally where they fukked up with Twin Snakes. With all the things they added, if they just left the original acting track in it would’ve been the best game there ever was until The Last of Us.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Where do I start? 98/99 was such a GOAT year for me:

WWF vs WCW Monday Night Wars.

A lot of classic hip hop albums were being dropped.

The movies coming out were dope.

Then my boy tells me to play this game called Metal Gear Solid. I gave him the :rudy: because the front cover didn’t look appealing to a kid like me at all. “Tactical Espionage Action” I don’t even know what that word means.:sadcam:

I put in the disc, start up the game and the intro had me like :ooh: this shyt feels like a spy movie... it could be epic.

As I start playing through, I’m amazed I can use stealth.. I didn’t know AI could be so intelligent.

I get stuck for an hour trying to get Meryl’s codec because I thought I had to find it on the back of this disc I collect within the game.. not LITERALLY on the back of the case. :snoop: That felt like some breaking the 4th wall shyt.

That first boss fight with Raven had me :whoo:. That was some epic shyt.

Having to fight Grey Fox after he made sushi of those guards had me shook. Seeing Otacon piss himself had me :bryan:

I wasted bullets shooting that nikka because I was too shook to fight him hand to hand.

Once I saw Meryl and that walk, I think that was the first pixelated PAWG I wanted to smash :obama::mjpls:

Halfway through this game I’m like “fukk school. Finishing this game is my destiny”:pachaha:

That Psycho Mantis reading my memory card was some trippy 4th wall breaking shyt again. This nikka knew me like we went way back.:leostare:

Sniper Wolf picking off Meryl had a nikka tight. I couldn’t wait to come back and finish off this Cold War ho.:wtb:

Come back with the sniper rifle and see Meryl is gone.:merchant:

After the battle and getting caught, I mash the O button with my middle finger during the torture sequence (don’t know how brehs use their thumb).

Get to the roof to battle Liquid Snake. Afterwards, I call everyone via codec... Master Miller is the only one who doesn’t answer.:jbhmm: I’m already suspicious.

Now I’m getting to the second disc thinking “this shyt gon be good”:blessed:

Another battle with that iron curtain ho Sniper Wolf. Another epic battle with that Arnold rip off Raven (probably my favorite).

Now I’m near the end, running back and forth freezing and heating these damn keys, having to hear Naomi run her mouth after finding out she’s a traitor.:scust:

I put in the final key but it feels too quiet... that’s when Master Miller takes off his glasses and let’s down his hair :ohhh::ohhh::ohhh::ohhh: ITS LIQUID!!!!:dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh::dwillhuh:
Master Miller was found dead.

Now I’m fighting this damn Metal Gear. Grey Fox comes to the rescue but that nikka gets crushed.:mjcry: Now I’m like “Liquid, I’m coming for that ass!!!”

that final fight on top of metal gear :gladbron:
And then rescuing my PAWG Meryl... thinking we’re out of the woods but Liquid keeps coming back like Terminator.

Finally get outside and Liquid’s last words are “Fox Die!”:huhldup: Watching him Collapse was some shyt.

Riding off into the sunset with Meryl with that epic opera music brought a tear to my eye.:to:

No game Has ever touched me like this. All the other sequels pale in comparison. This was the Illmatic of the series, they never Reached this height again.

Last edited:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ve been thinking about copping a PS2 on eBay and replaying all the games from my childhood MGS is at the top of the list. That Konami tune, snake death noise, the chat between snake and his superiors on the radio, all of them give me crazy nostalgia

Daps
As a kid I could never get into the demo for this game because every time I made it out to the snow I kept getting caught and couldn’t figure out where to go from there. Fast forward more then 20 years and I just beat this for the first time last week. It does shows its age but it’s great nonetheless.

Sure note: How long does it usually take to renew licenses for content in games? I’m looking to get MGS2 and 3 HD for PS3 which aren’t listed on the store due to licensing issues and prefer digital.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still feel overall my favorite MGS game is 2. That shyt is cult classic status to me. If I was to rate it would be. MGS2 > MGS2 > MGS 3 > MGS4

MGS1 still holds a dear part of my childhood tho.

It had me looking at the DARPA CHIEF like :dwillhuh:
MGS3 for me is the best game in the whole series. It was Kojima at his best regarding story telling, bosses, gameplay.

but MGS1 still holds a key to my heart. It was the first game I ever played in my life so it means a lot to me.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Top 3 game ever
till-this-day-deontay-wilder.gif