The Mass Effect Game Series- Official thread

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Jack in ME2 is so cliche and corny that it's borderline nauseating. :rolleyes: :snooze:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Jack in ME2 is so cliche and corny that it's borderline nauseating.

she’s lucky shep not a space pimp…easy as hell to wrap around the finger…her character was loyal as hell tho once you cut thru her tough act…ended up being among my favorite characters…her, liara and garrus…honorable mentions to javik and grunt

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
she’s lucky shep not a space pimp…easy as hell to wrap around the finger…her character was loyal as hell tho once you cut thru her tough act…ended up being among my favorite characters…her, liara and garrus…honorable mentions to javik and grunt

No doubt! I really liked her in ME3 but tragic backstory or not, it always felt like she was trying too hard in ME2. Definitely a ride or die once you tie up the loose ends on her loyalty mission, though. :lawd:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No doubt! I really liked her in ME3 but tragic backstory or not, it always felt like she was trying too hard in ME2. Definitely a ride or die once you tie up the loose ends on her loyalty mission, though. :lawd:

I can’t say it enough how great the characterization via dialogue was in this series…I disliked her, liara and garrus initially…didn’t even trust liara and garrus at first back in ME1 but damn…the characters were written so strongly that they natural grow on you…my opinions about liara changed before the end of ME1…with garrus, the archangel subplot/reveal in ME2 was handled dope and made me fukk with his character from that point on

Killer Instinct

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I can’t say it enough how great the characterization via dialogue was in this series

This was the series that made me fall in love with (GOOD) Western RPGs. They made me care more about the characters and dialouge outcomes than the fire fights. A lot of devs have tried it to varying degrees of success, but ME remains undefeated for me when it comes to making me feel attached to the world & characters. The trilogy was special and that feeling hasn't been duplicated imo. Bioware lowkey put themselves in a rut because it was so special. EA's meddling didnt help, but they've been trying -- and failing -- to catch lightning in a bottle and restore the feeling ever since.

…I disliked her, liara and garrus initially…didn’t even trust liara and garrus at first back in ME1 but damn…the characters were written so strongly that they natural grow on you…my opinions about liara changed before the end of ME1…with garrus, the archangel subplot/reveal in ME2 was handled dope and made me fukk with his character from that point on

Honestly, Im not sure how I feel about Liara. I dont dislike her, but I've never cared as much about her as most. She's feels without a doubt like the "canon" romance option for Shep though. I enjoyed how she went from being a fan to a boss capable of holding her own and calling the shots. Her character never stopped developing.

Garrus is by far my favorite squad mate and was with Shepard through it all, no questions asked. Never questioned Shepard's allegiance. Never deserted Shepard. If they were running into hell, Garrus was two feet in front of Shepard ready to take the first bullet. I always felt he was the closest thing Shep had to a brother. He was underdeveloped in the first game but once he evolved into the Turian Frank Castle and began getting more screen time, I was sold. I went into ME2 blind on release day so when I found out he was Archangel, I legit hit the :gladbron: That familiarity and the fact he had leveled up was awesome. That's my Day One right there. :wow:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He was underdeveloped in the first game but once he evolved into the Turian Frank Castle and began getting more screen time, I was sold. I went into ME2 blind on release day so when I found out he was Archangel, I legit hit the :gladbron: That familiarity and the fact he had leveled up was awesome.

1000% my reaction…when I overheard the merc say he was a turian I thought “wait…no way”…then when you approach him and he takes off the helmet, I’m anticipating the shyt and was pleasantly surprised to see it was him…it was a great setup by the writers especially when you think back to ME1 and how frustrated the character was and how he was looking for his own way to mete out justice and make shyt right…his path taken just made sense…great character development

I agree I don’t see a game touching this anytime soon as far as writing/character investment…this was on par with a movie/TV series and the writers took a great chance instead of going with safe, generic likable characters that appeal to everyone…I’m playing andromeda and the conversations sound like job interviews as opposed to characters interacting like ppl who actually care about each other

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
1000% my reaction…when I overheard the merc say he was a turian I thought “wait…no way”…then when you approach him and he takes off the helmet, I’m anticipating the shyt and was pleasantly surprised to see it was him…it was a great setup by the writers especially when you think back to ME1 and how frustrated the character was and how he was looking for his own way to mete out justice and make shyt right…his path taken just made sense…great character development

I agree I don’t see a game touching this anytime soon as far as writing/character investment…this was on par with a movie/TV series and the writers took a great chance instead of going with safe, generic likable characters that appeal to everyone…I’m playing andromeda and the conversations sound like job interviews as opposed to characters interacting like ppl who actually care about each other

Might be time for you to fukk with Dragon Age, breh. They put you through some shyt to experience it all, but they're solid as shyt with paying off character developments. Unless we're talking about The Warden. :francis:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Might be time for you to fukk with Dragon Age, breh. They put you through some shyt to experience it all, but they're solid as shyt with paying off character developments. Unless we're talking about The Warden. :francis:

Origins is just :wow:

I'm still pissed they did what they did in DA2, you don't need to "actionize" every goddamn thing. :mjcry:

Yeah, different setting, but Dragon Age Origins definitely is right there with most Mass Effect games in terms of story. The world in particular also stands out from a lot of other medieval fantasy worlds too, in my opinion.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Samara is nice, for first base
Liara is cool if your a sap
but there is only one asari that truly loves me

cb5YMCj.jpg

GhHXObc.jpg
84sSFcN.jpg