The "Marvel Cinematic Universe" is now the most successful movie franchise in US History

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Crazy how the Marvel superhero genre is literally one of the only remaining blockbusters that still can catch people's attention these days, in terms of massive box office sales.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Star Wars Adjusted for Inflation:

2Star WarsFox$1,487,298,600
12The Empire Strikes BackFox$819,808,300
15Return of the JediFox$785,396,100
17Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom MenaceFox$754,105,800
60Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the SithFox$495,360,300
87Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the ClonesFox$446,461,700

= 4 BILLION DOLLARS (DOMESTIC ADJUSTED GROSS)

No franchise has sold more tickets than Star Wars. These Franchise now with their 15-20 Dollar 3D prices inflated tickets ain't even putting butts in seats, they just charging more.
I was about to say "more than SW?" i see your point and you right. Tickets cost hella lot cheaper back then lol

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Not for long, avatar 2 and three finna do a billi each :win:

Yep, Avatar 2, 3 and 4 (Prequel) and Star Wars 7, 8, 9 are coming in the next 5 years. Yes Marvel still has Avengers 2 coming out but I don't think "Gardians" or "Ant Man" are going to do that great. So Avatar and Star Wars about to reclaim the crown.

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
Marvel will end up on top. They have movies planned out every year that will each gross at least $400 million or more each. Compared to other franchise that only drop every two or 3 years. It will past Bond next year and it won't be too long till it passes Harry Potter.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Marvel has been doing great and will do for a while, but let's not act like all their movies are amazing.

Both Captain America joints, the first Iron Man, and the Avengers :blessed:. The rest :camby:They just made them movies to tie shyt together for the Avengers (smart ass move tho). Imagine how shytty that Agents of Shield show would be without the movie tie-ins. Marvel also needs better villains.

The only future ones I see being good are the next Avenger films, Cap 3 and possibly Antman. Not sure about the Strange movie yet. Thor 3 and Black Widow :huhldup:I do wanna see Guardians of the Galaxy for the fukkery. I'm curious to see how strong their next phase will be.

Daps
Marvel has been doing great and will do for a while, but let's not act like all their movies are amazing.

Both Captain America joints, the first Iron Man, and the Avengers :blessed:. The rest :camby:They just made them movies to tie shyt together for the Avengers (smart ass move tho). Imagine how shytty that Agents of Shield show would be without the movie tie-ins. Marvel also needs better villains.

The only future ones I see being good are the next Avenger films, Cap 3 and possibly Antman. Not sure about the Strange movie yet. Thor 3 and Black Widow :huhldup:I do wanna see Guardians of the Galaxy for the fukkery. I'm curious to see how strong their next phase will be.

No love for the thor movies or Iron man 3? :manny:

Only movie in thier universe that I thought was well below average was Incredible Hulk.

Them nikkaz putting up great number which will only get better.

You couldnt tell me back in 2000 that Captain fukking america 2 would damn near grossing 100M in a weekend.