The Man Who Broke the Music Business(Great read on Pirating/bootleg music)

FeloniousMonk

Dont mind me..Im a azzhole
Daps
Reppin
Them Lo Lifes...
Funny Yall mention promos and college.

I joined a DJ pool in 92' and didnt realize we was getting records, before or at the same time the radio would get them.:ahh:

Heard Wu Protect ya neck/Halftime/Party and Bullshyt/Deep Cover etc before anybody in the West..or lets say the Bay Area...lol

Niccas would see a video and I'd be like..Ive had that single since last month..
:youngsabo:

I fukked up..I could have been one of the biggest underground DJ's based of my collection alone..:ohlawd:

Was suppose to hook up with Q bert when they was On the wake up show and gave out the number. This is when they was FM20..

I called, he was like come thru...I wasnt catching BART from Berkeley to Daly City tho..:to:

SO I missed probably one of my biggest opportunities to connect with one of if not THE most influential DJ crews to exist..:noah:

Was making Mixtapes since 87.:gladbron:

I was really doing it for myself tho....and bragging rights:sas1:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Wait, A Real African was behind the collapse of the record company:krs:

...see, how BLACKEXCELLENCE makes the cypher complete:pachaha:

We need a Drama on how mid 90s - 00s Music Piracy threw the labels in the bushes:banderas:

Imagine that. A black man was behind the financial collapse of a corrupt, racist billion dollar industry from behind the screen. :wow:

deeznutz

All Star
Daps
Reppin
GTA
This article has answered pretty much every one of my questions I've had since the Napster days. What an awesome fukking article :salute:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
I remember back in the 90's when bootleg brehs were eating good. When high speed Internet and CD burners became available, is when they were going :damn: over the fact that people can make their own songs on CD'S without consequences.

Technology is drying up and killing illegal hustles left and right.

I'd take orders during lunch then come back the next day and flip 0-day warez drops for software/music/movies and sell them for like $6-7 each. Back then I thought I was a millionaire. I miss that hustle.

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
I remember back in the 90's when bootleg brehs were eating good. When high speed Internet and CD burners became available, is when they were going :damn: over the fact that people can make their own songs on CD'S without consequences.

Technology is drying up and killing illegal hustles left and right.

i was on that :damn: tip too, but i learned if we cant eat, no one eats :manny:

its just too bad that that mentality cut straight across everything from music, games, books, movies, apps, etc.

theres no way to stop pirates. someone needs to just come up with another "media" or some other form of entertainment.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
i was on that :damn: tip too, but i learned if we cant eat, no one eats :manny:

its just too bad that that mentality cut straight across everything from music, games, books, movies, apps, etc.

theres no way to stop pirates. someone needs to just come up with another "media" or some other form of entertainment.

Crazy how that works. Media pirating will never stop and as long as people will release sub part to trash material of any form, it will be bootleg.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I'd take orders during lunch then come back the next day and flip 0-day warez drops for software/music/movies and sell them for like $6-7 each. Back then I thought I was a millionaire. I miss that hustle.

Crazy. You made enough money to buy a car in HS.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Aww man I remember this like yesterday. I always wondered how they would get these albums so damn early. I remember stuff leaking months before release dates and RNS being the premier group at the time. Ol boy really messed up snitching like that for no reason and the HIIC didnt get a lick of time. A friend of mines put me onto MiRC back in the day and those rooms had everything

#hiphopalbums
#hiphopmixtape
#R&Balbums
#oldschoolhiphopalbums
#VLS

That scrolling screen would hurt my eyes after a while but man they had so much music in those rooms it was nuts. I really hate that people dont give Audiogalaxy the props it deserved and real talk it was way better than Napster. It might have done it first but AG did it better than anybody. I remember that Dipset Vol 1-4 dropping fast as hell on there and those first Lil Wayne Squad Up tapes. I had a T1 connection back then (early 2000s) and a CD burner that cost about 600 dollars at the time. It took me about 20-30 minutes to burn a cd back then and I flooded my college campus with nothing but music. My dorm fridge was stocked with food and my tank stayed on full at all times. One of my best friends to this day was made back then.

Last edited:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
That scrolling screen would hurt my eyes after a while but man they had so much music in those rooms it was nuts. .

here's a screenshot I have from 2004

a4mqoRF.jpg

Invision :banderas: