The Man Who Broke the Music Business(Great read on Pirating/bootleg music)

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot

Young/Nacho\Drawz

...come on let's picture the possibility...
Daps
The music industry was enjoying a period of unmatched profitability, charging more than fourteen dollars for a CD that cost less than two dollars to manufacture.
^This is why we never felt sorry for the music business losing money.:devil: Cd's would cost twenty dollars at some places.

The leader of RNS went by the handle Kali. He was a master of surveillance and infiltration, the Karla of music piracy. It seemed that he spent hours each week researching the confusing web of corporate acquisitions and pressing agreements that determined where and when CDs would be manufactured. With this information, he built a network of moles who, in the next eight years, managed to burrow into the supply chains of every major music label. “This stuff had to be his life, because he knew about all the release dates,” Glover said.
:ohhh::merchant::whoo: Yo that's crazy!

Many of Glover’s best customers worked at the plant, and for those he trusted most he devised an even better deal. Rather than paying five dollars per movie, for twenty dollars a month you could buy an unlimited subscription—and you didn’t even need the disks. Glover had set up his own topsite, and once you’d bought an account you could download anything you wanted. There were current DVDs, plus the latest copies of games, music, software, and more. At the time, video on demand was the technology of the future, but, if you knew Glover, it had already arrived. He was running a private Netflix out of his house.
:dead:

:salute: RNS

KENNY DA COOKER

HARD ON HOES is not a word it's a LIFESTYLE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
F
i fukking love this story

i love it when common folks find a glitch in the corporate matrix and exploit the fukk out of it..... :lolbron:

and the fact that these were TEMPORARY EMPLOYEES makes it even more hilarious
:russ:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
"Adil R. Cassim, a twenty-nine-year-old Indian-American I.T. worker who smoked weed, listened to rap music, and lived at home in the suburbs of Los Angeles with his mother."

:snoop: These guys were idiots. They could have made a fukking killing, all of this effort and risk and this nikka was still living in his mother's house. 10 fukking years of this shyt and he has nothing to show for it?? How were these fools not even millionaires? The fukking bootleg man at the barbershop who wasn't even the source and assumed less risk was making more money than these dudes :heh:. That's like Tyrone from the block, making more selling nicks and dimes than Pablo fukking Escobar :dwillhuh:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
"Adil R. Cassim, a twenty-nine-year-old Indian-American I.T. worker who smoked weed, listened to rap music, and lived at home in the suburbs of Los Angeles with his mother."

:snoop: These guys were idiots. They could have made a fukking killing, all of this effort and risk and this nikka was still living in his mother's house. 10 fukking years of this shyt and he has nothing to show for it?? How were these fools not even millionaires? The fukking bootleg man at the barbershop who wasn't even the source and assumed less risk was making more money than these dudes :heh:. That's like Tyrone from the block, making more selling nicks and dimes than Pablo fukking Escobar :dwillhuh:

most of those people didnt bootleg their media in real life

it was all about the competition to be first and the scene

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
most of those people didnt bootleg their media in real life

it was all about the competition to be first and the scene

I know what the purpose was. They just got a thrill out of it. Im just saying, they could have made some serious bank.

The main head hancho got off too :wow:

Daps

Thats what kills me is ALL that WORK and DRIVE and not one inkling or desire to monetize it. Then the jefe gets off clean while his "capo" is making all that bread and super sloppy with the equipment in his crib smh. Like they had the game by the balls and were doing it basically for shyts and giggles when they coulda had Billions. What killed me was the part when dude said "We have to eliminate identifying stuff but we're still putting the rip date on it." Just to show out for a circle of maybe 400 computer geeks who were into pirating. My man Kali built his ship from nothing meanwhile Jay is out here sinking millions with Tidal. Eesh! Props OP.