The Man Returns?/Gold Rush Begins/Cody’s Homecoming Monday Night Raw (5/8/23) Live from Jacksonville, Florida

g-ice

aka #DiamondNightmare
Daps
Reppin
Bronx (Marble Hill), NY
I noticed, both on NXT and on Backlash... they didn't put gloves on when there was blood anymore. Not when Jacy was bloody, and not when Brock was bleeding either.

I wonder if it's some new edict? Refs used to have the gloves in their pockets at all times. But that's 3 straight blood situations with no gloves.

I think they are softening up on the edict.

I think they bring the gloves out if it’s a lot.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
booooo.

Cody shoulda said 'pull up' not 'let's fight'. Earn your kufi, Cody!

Side note, cause this cone got me thinking:

The rigid language of this company is actually a verifiable reason to why it continues to not catch on to younger audiences. The way of communicating in the world to later generations has been changing for decades, and at this point being so... WWE about how people talk is why most people aren't really liked. If you can't sound comfortable, you have to at least sound on-trend.

It's why there is a clear vibe difference on NXT with promos. Because some of the people seen as good at promos in NXT aren't actually good at the promo part, but they sound like normal people in this current era and that goes miles for believability. "This contest has spilled out into the WWE Universe" Is not a sentence that someone flipping through is gonna hear and want to see more of. It's alienating.
Carmelo comes to mind so does Trick

Bron is great but he does have that 1990s style to his promos