Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
You said it dog. Ever since i tailored my resume I've been getting a lot of calls.

Trips to sit in my car for numerous phone interviews that always went over, plus I had two interviews in one month where i had to make an excuse to come in late.

It was micromanagement hell in there. 10 staff fired/quit in 9 months including the one that hired me. I was hoping for the free time to interview but I made a promise stick it out. Glad I took that shyt job as far as I could take it.

i remember those days....its a blessing to not have to go through that anymore

l3lackstarr

In my observatory
Daps
Reppin
Alpha-Centauri
Ran into a few chicks from high school today. It's crazy how they were sooo damn fine in high school and now :flabbynsick: :flabbynsick: . I almost didn't recognize any of them smh, and I wouldn't have even noticed them... if they didn't see and call out my name ...sigh..why do people let themselves go

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
Ran into a few chicks from high school today. It's crazy how they were sooo damn fine in high school and now :flabbynsick: :flabbynsick: . I almost didn't recognize any of them smh, and I wouldn't have even noticed them... if they didn't see and call out my name ...sigh..why do people let themselves go

In the midst of work, having fun and kids I see how it happens.....

The average American diet really isn't conducive to staying fit/healthy tho.....Most people have been over eating their entire lives and don't realize it.

nikkas work all day, then go to happy hour, then over eat.......then club and shyt, doesn't take long to catch up with you once your metabolism slows down.

l3lackstarr

In my observatory
Daps
Reppin
Alpha-Centauri
In the midst of work, having fun and kids I see how it happens.....

The average American diet really isn't conducive to staying fit/healthy tho.....Most people have been over eating their entire lives and don't realize it.

nikkas work all day, then go to happy hour, then over eat.......then club and shyt, doesn't take long to catch up with you once your metabolism slows down.
I definitely feel that. It's still amazing to me how old and decayed people end up looking from it all while still being in their 20's. You really just have to be in that state of mind to take care of yourself.

ProfessionallyTrill

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I went out tonight and yesterday. Was told I look like a masculine Miguel 5 times.

I've never had somethin like that happen before other than every white girl thinkin every nikka looked like Usher back in the day. :heh:

But when Black women say you look like someone, you might wanna take their word for it... :ohhh:

:ehh:

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Job found out I was on the verge of putting in my 2 weeks due to a new job.

So they let me go. Good riddance. Just need this other job to come thru :sadcam:

Damn breh how they figure out?

Trying to get a new job while employed is always a tricky situation. I made a lot of trips to the restroom and my car when I was interviewing with my current employer.

Why do people still put in 2 weeks notice? :mindblown:

If you're in an Employment-At-Will state you can walk in the same day, quit, get your stuff, and leave and there's NOTHING they can do about it. Vice versa, they can fire you if they don't like the color tie you're wearing, and there's NOTHING you can do about it(other than file for unemp). Screw all that company loyalty/courtesy bullshyt, please believe i've seen enough people get screwed over to NEVER give the company anything other than what they pay me for. I've given same day notice and the only advance notice I've given was padded by me going on vacation for the duration. Put in my resignation then went on vacation for a week and my last vacation day was when my resignation took effect, that way I didn't come in my last day and they axe me on some petty sh*t. Don't put nothing past these pricks out here.

People say "don't burn bridges" but quitting a job with the hopes of going back is like dumping an ex and trying to keep tabs on them in case your new one doesn't work, that's a bytch move.

As far as the phone call/interview thing, just schedule them on your lunch breaks and knock them down like that. I been fielding phone calls and emails for the past month for new offers I've gotten.

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
Why do people still put in 2 weeks notice? :mindblown:

If you're in an Employment-At-Will state you can walk in the same day, quit, get your stuff, and leave and there's NOTHING they can do about it. Vice versa, they can fire you if they don't like the color tie you're wearing, and there's NOTHING you can do about it(other than file for unemp). Screw all that company loyalty/courtesy bullshyt, please believe i've seen enough people get screwed over to NEVER give the company anything other than what they pay me for. I've given same day notice and the only advance notice I've given was padded by me going on vacation for the duration. Put in my resignation then went on vacation for a week and my last vacation day was when my resignation took effect, that way I didn't come in my last day and they axe me on some petty sh*t. Don't put nothing past these pricks out here.

People say "don't burn bridges" but quitting a job with the hopes of going back is like dumping an ex and trying to keep tabs on them in case your new one doesn't work, that's a bytch move.

As far as the phone call/interview thing, just schedule them on your lunch breaks and knock them down like that. I been fielding phone calls and emails for the past month for new offers I've gotten.

I don't know about all that breh. It's just good professionalism to give two weeks notice if you can. I think it also depends in what industry you are in. At my last employer I gave two weeks notice, the president of the company called me into his office, tried to get me to stay, when they weren't able to match, he appreciated that i gave two weeks to help the person who would be taking over my desk.

Fast forward 10 months later, guess who's going to be heading my division at my new employer? That's right, the former president of my last employer. You never know who you are going to cross again or what type of reputation you are creating by just quitting with no notice and leaving your co workers with a mess to clean up.

BedRoomI'z

All Money In
Daps
Reppin
South Memphis
I had a slight falling out with the older bellman at my job.
I swear I can't stand this S.O.B. Always talking about the old
way, how they used to do it and how the corporation ain't
what it used to be.

Shut the fukk up and retire, a$$hole or adjust :stopitslime:
I might be holed up in Human Resources, brehs :patrice:

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I don't know about all that breh. It's just good professionalism to give two weeks notice if you can. I think it also depends in what industry you are in. At my last employer I gave two weeks notice, the president of the company called me into his office, tried to get me to stay, when they weren't able to match, he appreciated that i gave two weeks to help the person who would be taking over my desk.

Fast forward 10 months later, guess who's going to be heading my division at my new employer? That's right, the former president of my last employer. You never know who you are going to cross again or what type of reputation you are creating by just quitting with no notice and leaving your co workers with a mess to clean up.

^^^

My industry is too small to burn bridges especially in this city.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
beautiful day outside...after i finished doing some work for work in the afternoon played some ball then showered and went out to do some shopping...tanks and khaki weather...i was getting those :shaq: stares..arms are on point...my hardwork in the gym during the winter paid off :smugfavre:..about to see whats good for dinner and be easy

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps

If everything is all good at your position I can see that, but even then I have seen it a few times over, senior guys with good reps come in to put in their two weeks, and in the next two weeks they get shafted, or their position is magically eliminated and they're exiting the building with thier cubicle conents in a box. I've seen your scenario pan out also. The guys put in notice, company makes better offer, employee decides to stay, a month goes by and their position is oddly "vapored"/company downsizes, or the superiors and coworkers now view the employee negatively for eyeing to jump ship.

Your way is fine, because that is the ideal way to do things, but I'm just saying, after seeing how companies treat people, good companies too, two weeks notice isn't always the best way to go. You saw what the poster said, the company found out about the two weeks and canned them, now they're on eggshells hoping another position comes through. That's not good to me.

I'm not 100% disagreeing with you, or stating the contrary for the sake of arguing either, I'm just saying my life experiences have shaped my opinion so that it differes from yours for the most part. Like you say, it worked out for you, but like I'M saying, that's YOU. Everyone is different.

Industry/City size is imporant also. I live in a big city, hundreds and hundreds of companies and business, so my take on it would be different than someone from a smaller town.

*edit*

Re-read my inital post and it came off really angry-snobbish, but that type of thing upsets me like no other, so I wasn't trying to come at the OP's head like that, but to me, them getting canned, that is total B.S.

We go to work to earn money and provide for our families, it may be important for some people to have a fancy title or hobnob with certain people so they feel important, but to me the purpose of a job is to MAKE MONEY, so that's what the poster was trying to do a better job of.

Companies do employees wrong and look them in the eye on the tail end and say "oh it's just business", they'll fire someone and give the staff a phony excuse under the guise of "oh it's just business", they lowball employees to try and get the most work for the least wages and we're supposed to "be considerate of them"? No, I can't vibe with that. I don't trust any of these smiling faces out here, at all, I've seen right through them too many times.

Last edited: