Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
The symbiosis between the most wannabe-cool people on the planet with the most wannabe-noticed people on the planet continues to amaze.

What is Kamala Harris's 'brat' rebrand all about?​

Kamala Harris has overhauled her campaign's online presence by embracing a social media trend inspired by pop star Charli XCX's Brat album cover.
The presumptive Democratic presidential nominee has scattered references to the album across her campaign's account, renaming her profile Kamala HQ.
Her rebrand comes as Charli showed her support by tweeting "kamala IS brat" shortly after President Joe Biden announced he was stepping out of the race for the White House and endorsed his vice-president.

By Monday morning, Ms Harris had seized on Charli's backing - with the account sporting a new lime green photo in the style of the Brat album cover.
Brat is the name of Charli's sixth studio album and her tweet about Vice-President Harris received almost nine million views in just four hours.
The album's artwork is a lime green square with the word brat written in the middle in a low resolution Arial font.
Charli told the BBC's Sidetracked podcast that brat is a concept that represents a person who might have "a pack of cigs, a Bic lighter and a strappy white top with no bra".

It has been deemed by some pop critics as a rejection of the "clean girl" aesthetic popularised on TikTok, which spurned a groomed ideal of femininity, and instead embraces more hedonistic and rebellious attitudes.

ā€œYouā€™re just like that girl who is a little messy and likes to party and maybe says some dumb things some times,ā€ Charli explained on social media.
ā€œWho feels like herself but maybe also has a breakdown. But kind of like parties through it, is very honest, very blunt. A little bit volatile. Like, does dumb things. But itā€™s brat. Youā€™re brat. Thatā€™s brat.ā€

zGt2pDO.gif

The M.I.C.

The King In The West šŸ‘‘
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
This is messy.. extremely messy. The entire democratic process and institutions of the US Government are essentially destroyed. Luckily, for the people who actually hold power, most of the citizenry are complete idiots so it doesn't matter in the short term..but long term, boy we're all fukked.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Found some nice collards today :ohlawd:
Collards and turkey wings on deck tonight

klientel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Day 3 of our Hawaii trip and Iā€™ve gotten into 2 arguments already and had staff called on me once. All over pool chairs. shyt is crazy.

People throw a towel on a chair and think that means they own it the whole fukkin day. Nah bruh that shyt ainā€™t gonna fly. Iā€™m tossing that shyt immediately and taking the chair.

Crazy thing is itā€™s just women trying to argue dudes are dead silent. I basically just say Iā€™m here now so want do you wanna do about it. One lady stormed off angry. One white lady called staff and I told them the chair was empty for an hour before I took it. They shrugged their shoulders and walked off.

We are going to the beach now and Iā€™m sure itā€™s gonna be problems.

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Day 3 of our Hawaii trip and Iā€™ve gotten into 2 arguments already and had staff called on me once. All over pool chairs. shyt is crazy.

People throw a towel on a chair and think that means they own it the whole fukkin day. Nah bruh that shyt ainā€™t gonna fly. Iā€™m tossing that shyt immediately and taking the chair.

Crazy thing is itā€™s just women trying to argue dudes are dead silent. I basically just say Iā€™m here now so want do you wanna do about it. One lady stormed off angry. One white lady called staff and I told them the chair was empty for an hour before I took it. They shrugged their shoulders and walked off.

We are going to the beach now and Iā€™m sure itā€™s gonna be problems.

Serving fades and high tops on vacation :russ:

Time to go back home lol