Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
Dr. David Eltis, Professor Emeritus of History at Emory University, maintains a database of slaves who were still being shipped illegally to the Americas and other locations in the mid- nineteenth century.

What is interesting about this slave manifest is that many of these slaves had theophoric names, which means names that have God’s holy name embedded in them, names that terminate with Yah (Zechariah, Nehemiah, and Jeremiah), or names that begin or end with El, meaning God, such as Elisha, Elijah or Michael. An example of such is a captured slave labeled ID 653. The slave’s name is Yaho or Yehu, which means Yah is he (1 Kin. 16:1). He is male, 69 inches in height, 26 years old and is of the Eboo (Igbo) community. He was traveling aboard the Anna Maria in 1821.

Other tribes outside of the Igbo community who were Black Jews, either influenced by the Igbo or a separate Jewish tribe altogether was the Calabar. A female named Beneyah or Benayah, meaning Yah has built (2 Sam. 8:18), was aboard the Constante. Her ID number was 1063, age 19, height 55 inches .

Ah, time is running short children! How long will you refuse your birthright before your enemies overtake you and destroy you?

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
In some parts of America, the Igbo men were especially prized because of their strength, tractability, and endurance. However, many male Igbos developed the nickname “refuse slave” because they would run away or commit suicide rather than be enslaved. The women were considered to be very attractive, smart and hard workers. Nevertheless, they and the Calabar were highly sought-after slaves by the European slavers (Igbo in the Atlantic World: 142). These facts led Dr. Allen Howard Godbey, Professor of Old Testament, Hebrew history, Archeology, and Semitics at Duke University to say, “Hundreds of thousands of slaves were brought to America from this Western Africa during the days of the traffic, beginning nearly four hundred years ago...How much more of Judaism survived among West African Negroes in that earlier time?

As persecuted communities, they were rather more in danger than other Negroes of being raided by war parties and sold as slaves. It may be considered certain that many partially Judaized Negroes were among the slaves in America. How many of them might still hold some Jewish customs here is another question? (Godbey, 246).

Negroes that came to America as slaves sang songs referred to as Negro Spirituals, songs of Israel or Zion. Europeans did not teach them these songs. The churches they established were named after places in Israel. Dr. Rebecca Mark, Professor of English at Tulane University, shows a picture of a church pew and says, “Markings (possibly cursive Hebrew) painted on pews made by enslaved parishioners at the First African Baptist Church in Savannah, Georgia.

story.curcisve.hebrew.cnn.jpg

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
Raised in that dead arm district, Before guns was called biscuits, Stapleton was on that hood shyt.

Daps
I put up my Christmas lights today, because it was 72 degrees.

BUT I went looking for more solar lights, and no stores had them, and I can’t find them online. Is there some kind of shortage on solar lights?

:dahell:

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
Sounds like you need to be in the store instead :mjgrin:

I usually am but I was feel under the weather.

It's definitely my job to do the grocery shopping, and now I see why it's a wife's job.