Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
My son decided he wanted dreads. I said no problem since he's doing online schooling, itll give it time to grow out. I 2 strand twisted his hair when it was around 3 inches in August and retwisted it 2 weeks ago. His hair just isnt locking though!!!!! I bought the metal clips and some dread wax for retwisting but it wont stay! His hair is 3c/4a.

Any tips or ideas???

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
My son decided he wanted dreads. I said no problem since he's doing online schooling, itll give it time to grow out. I 2 strand twisted his hair when it was around 3 inches in August and retwisted it 2 weeks ago. His hair just isnt locking though!!!!! I bought the metal clips and some dread wax for retwisting but it wont stay! His hair is 3c/4a.

Any tips or ideas???
I locked my daughter’s hair with comb twists and I use a little beeswax and LOCK GRO by the Jamaican Mango & Lime brand for retwisting.

Make sure he’s not getting it wet in the shower and you may have to retwist more frequently to keep shape. Be patient, you’re still early in the process some hair types just take longer.