Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
@stomachlines how you feel about the music industry?:lupe:

well the black part of the music industry?:lupe:

I think on the business side of things, things are as independent as can be
A lot of has changed since the 80's and 90's, not just from learning from others' mistakes but the way in which music is even made and distributed.
i mean, everything is so independent and much more homegrown from the way it use to be
Now, that don't mean that being a major label doesn't still come with it's fair share of pros
but the artist can do much on his or her own for so long without having the middle man involved for a minute
the middle man aka "the machine" just helps iron out the wrinkles and extended everything that's already present
But from learning from other artists mistakes and with so many of them (vet artists) sharing knowledge, the industry should be a lot easier to understand
the only thing is and my thing with the industry is, the industry has always been so formulaic
Instead of giving more platforms to a diverse group of artists, there's still this "1 lane only" mentality when it comes to certain genres of music
Like i feel like, the industry got it set up so that only 1 or a few of us at a time can really be "hot" or popular at a time
And in the 90's, while you've always had levels to that, there was more diversity in terms of the artistry
But with that said, with the internet basically being the radio now (the way music is presented and received) in another way, it's getting back to all artists sharing a platform

I hope what i'm saying is making sense, lol.
Cause to me, it's complex and it's not so simple.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
i should've been in the music industry :snoop:

i would've had a Porsche Panamera by now :sadbron:

Word, I feel u man
Sometimes I wish i would've got into producing both hip hop and r&b :mjcry:

I just would want me a nice ass loft with a studio in it, so i could just be working left and right on producing.
A place to store all my albums that i'd buy.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
1980s-teddy-riley-poses-for-a-photo-at-an-event-in-the-late-1980s-in-picture-id113898915