Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

全能の神

《《》》
Daps
4850537403_3c279ab8ae_b.jpg
Yes ma'am:wow:

SuperGrizzy

I'm strapped in! I'll clap you in a coma! Madness!
Daps
Sometimes we have to do things we don't want to no matter much how it hurts. Making those hard choices is necessary for one's growth. How can one grow if he or she is stuck in the same routine day in and day out? You can't, It's a fukking vicious cycle. It's hard but very beneficial. you're only here for so long why not get the most out of your life that you can? Overcome and look at those moments with fondness and as a testament to your strengths and willpower.

giphy.gif

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Stop doing shyt for other people. Say no, get low.

It's my family and they pester me basically everyday. I am pretty tired of having to take care of the older folks in my family, but nobody else is gonna take care of them. I feel guilty if I leave them alone, but I get nothing but stress and grief out of helping them or living up to their expectations of me.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's my family and they pester me basically everyday. I am pretty tired of having to take care of the older folks in my family, but nobody else is gonna take care of them. I feel guilty if I leave them alone, but I get nothing but stress and grief out of helping them or living up to their expectations of me.

Ahhhh ok, I feel you. Do they have insurance? Maybe they can cover a part time nurse or caregiver. Sometime to relieve some of the burden?

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Ahhhh ok, I feel you. Do they have insurance? Maybe they can cover a part time nurse or caregiver. Sometime to relieve some of the burden?

No insurance. Part time nurses and caregivers are pretty expensive. Meals on wheels is expensve af. I didn't know old folks homes were like $2000 a month here. I put my dad in a group home that he could afford, but the staff there isn't great. He missed two weeks of his meds before and they didn't even let me know until I actually looked at their medicine cabinet. shyt like that basically happens all the time, and it drives me nuts.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No insurance. Part time nurses and caregivers are pretty expensive. Meals on wheels is expensve af. I didn't know old folks homes were like $2000 a month here. I put my dad in a group home that he could afford, but the staff there isn't great. He missed two weeks of his meds before and they didn't even let me know until I actually looked at their medicine cabinet. shyt like that basically happens all the time, and it drives me nuts.
Your dad doesn't get medicare? How old is he? You should definitely look into that because medicare covers senior care services to some extent. Also, you don't need to get a certified professional, if you can find someone that has been doing it a while and maybe two days a week for a couple of hours at like $9-10/hr under the table, try a church or even care.com and you can post an ad. If you can get your pops on a schedule that would help too, that way you can start asking for help for certain chunks of the day too.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
Your dad doesn't get medicare? How old is he? You should definitely look into that because medicare covers senior care services to some extent. Also, you don't need to get a certified professional, if you can find someone that has been doing it a while and maybe two days a week for a couple of hours at like $9-10/hr under the table, try a church or even care.com and you can post an ad. If you can get your pops on a schedule that would help too, that way you can start asking for help for certain chunks of the day too.

I'm in Canada. He's not old at all. The problem is that he's too young. He's 58, he has schizophrenia and he's been hospitalized too many times. He can't live on his own without fukking up and harming himself. The government already gives him money every month for rent and food. His medical transportation and medication is covered. But care isn't covered because he's not 65 yet.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm in Canada. He's not old at all. The problem is that he's too young. He's 58, he has schizophrenia and he's been hospitalized too many times. He can't live on his own without fukking up and harming himself. The government already gives him money every month for rent and food. His medical transportation and medication is covered. But care isn't covered because he's not 65 yet.

Oh sorry I didn’t know you were in Canada. I’m so sorry to hear that, that sucks. I hope you can find some relief soon.

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NYC area heads, anywhere ya know which sells authentic sports jackets. Im looking for an official fall :mjcry: Mets jacket for myself :snoop: I'm not a sports fan, into sports or follow or care about baseball but I'm a closet Mets fan :huhldup:. Maybe because my brother is a Yankees fan.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
The root of Length square + Width square formula?

Yeah, i guess. Is the answer 5? What are the steps?

I got a written test for a job this morning, and the study packet has this problem. The answer sheet has it listed as 5 miles, but i can't fit the life of me see how they arrived at it. I'm sure it's a simple formula, but I'm absolutely terrible at math.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can someone tell me how to figure out this equation? I know it is 5 miles. I just haven't been able to figure out the steps to get to the answer.

1. A truck starts at Point A and drives South three miles. Then it turns left at Point B and drives East four miles to Point C. How many miles is the truck at Point C from Point A if it were to drive directly from Point A to Point C?
idgikn.jpg

Last edited: