Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
currently listening to angela yee lip service with Young Dro

:snoop:

I gotta find more podcasts to listen to, a few of my favorites havent released an episode in weeks

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
:whew:Thank God for email recall. Would of been shown the door if the client opened that email.

Golden State better win tonight, I need them nikkas to avenge my Hawks :mjcry:

Tomorrow is Friday :blessed:, not payday so I won't be hanging out, but with Orange is the new black coming on, with Power on Saturday, and game 4 on Sunday, no need for me to be out :blessed:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Turns out my lack of sleep and cortisol build up is what's been fukking me up every once in a while when I do cardio. My lower back is so weak smh. Pulled a muscle or two last night and sleep 2 hours between last night and this afternoon with the pain. I'm going to have to really adjust my sleeping habits from now on. Lower back pain is the worst. I'm tired of this stuff happening to me.

At least I'm feeling "better" :francis:

@-DMP- @Bless't @The ADD @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! yall ever deal with lower back issues while training?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Turns out my lack of sleep and cortisol build up is what's been fukking me up every once in a while when I do cardio. My lower back is so weak smh. Pulled a muscle or two last night and sleep 2 hours between last night and this afternoon with the pain. I'm going to have to really adjust my sleeping habits from now on. Lower back pain is the worst. I'm tired of this stuff happening to me.

@-DMP- @Bless't @The ADD @GinaThatAintNoDamnPuppy! yall ever deal with lower back issues while training?
Yeah I totally snapped my shut up doing conventional deads.

Had to see a chiropractor for a few months.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I've heard constant lower back pain is the worst. I wouldnt wish it upon my enemies.

If it's just a muscle tweek, rest up and dont push it too hard.

:manny:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I totally snapped my shut up doing conventional deads.

Had to see a chiropractor for a few months.
I stopped doing deads after seeing that crossfit trainer getting paralyzed from a snatch and clean. Are you still doing deads or did you just stop outright?
I've heard constant lower back pain is the worst. I wouldnt wish it upon my enemies.

If it's just a muscle tweek, rest up and dont push it too hard.

:manny:
its horrible man. It's like I'm playing Russian roulette every time I do cardio. One day I'm perfectly fine the next I'm barely on the elliptical for 20 minutes before I start siezing up. I think it's just a matter of getting significant sleep moving forward (8+ hours). I'm probably not gonna train again until next week Tuesday just to play it safe.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz

yup, my lower back tightens now when I do squats, it was worst when I was 215, now that im ~185 its not so bad. I went to the PT and she told me I had weak hips (strong quads and hammys tho) so Ive been doing hip PT ever since. I hope it helps, im not use to not being able to squat heavy. Use to do ~500 in hs.:mjcry:

Also, when I slept, because I had bursitis in my hip, I use to sleep on my back exclusively, which would cause me to have a sore lower back in the morning. But I have an adjustable mattress so I raised the legs and head to where the mattress is kinda concave and that helps.

oddly enough, I do sprints every day and my lower back is fine. I really think these desk jobs do something to your back. never had back problems until I graduated college.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I stopped doing deads after seeing that crossfit trainer getting paralyzed from a snatch and clean. Are you still doing deads or did you just stop outright?

its horrible man. It's like I'm playing Russian roulette every time I do cardio. One day I'm perfectly fine the next I'm barely on the elliptical for 20 minutes before I start siezing up. I think it's just a matter of getting significant sleep moving forward (8+ hours). I'm probably not gonna train again until next week Tuesday just to play it safe.
I stop conventional altogether. I was on the road to 400 plus but it wasn't worth it.

I do hex bars and actually did RLDL today. No back issues from those.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Yeah, I'd rest it and drink a shyt ton of water.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yup, my lower back tightens now when I do squats, it was worst when I was 215, now that im ~185 its not so bad. I went to the PT and she told me I had weak hips (strong quads and hammys tho) so Ive been doing hip PT ever since. I hope it helps, im not use to not being able to squat heavy. Use to do ~500 in hs.:mjcry:

Also, when I slept, because I had bursitis in my hip, I use to sleep on my back exclusively, which would cause me to have a sore lower back in the morning. But I have an adjustable mattress so I raised the legs and head to where the mattress is kinda concave and that helps.

oddly enough, I do sprints every day and my lower back is fine. I really think these desk jobs do something to your back. never had back problems until I graduated college.

Same here. When I played football in college the trainers said the same thing. Weak ass hip flexors. :wtb:

iBrowse

NAH
Supporter
Daps

So true about the desk jobs. As far as sleeping went I used to sleep on my stomach throughout HS which messed me up moving forward.