Essential The Locker Room's Random Thoughts

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
so awhile ago we were hiring for a copy writer, the guy i liked was kinda quiet and conservative but had lots of experience writing for a software company and his writing samples and the writing assignment i gave him during the interview were amazing. but the team wanted to go with this other guy who's a much weaker writer and doesn't have a grasp of writing for tech because "he seems like he'll fit in well" (we're an outgoing team so people were scared off by the quiet guy :rolleyes:). anyway, now at his 90-day review, our manager (as well as myself and others on the team) is disappointed with his work thus far....you don't say :martin:

this is tech, hire people cuz "they fit" - something that has limited black/latino hires - instead of based on their experience and quality of their work, brehs...

to my manager and team who didn't listen to me :umadd:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
so awhile ago we were hiring for a copy writer, the guy i liked was kinda quiet and conservative but had lots of experience writing for a software company and his writing samples and the writing assignment i gave him during the interview were amazing. but the team wanted to go with this other guy who's a much weaker writer and doesn't have a grasp of writing for tech because "he seems like he'll fit in well" (we're an outgoing team so people were scared off by the quiet guy :rolleyes:). anyway, now at his 90-day review, our manager (as well as myself and others on the team) is disappointed with his work thus far....you don't say :martin:

this is tech, hire people cuz "they fit" - something that has limited black/latino hires - instead of based on their experience and quality of their work, brehs...

to my manager and team who didn't listen to me :umadd:

The life of an introvert...

:wow:
Get passed over because you're not the life of the party.

I know that feeling all too well..

:mjgrin:

TheLostOnes

Laker for life
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Man I really ain't done shyt this summer like I wanted to. Doesn't help when your friends ain't got money like that either or no plans. I want to do something forreal

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Let me get back to finishing Breaking Bad. Some lame ass shyt people do on here....