The Lion King (2019) Official Thread

Conz

Superstar
Daps
So if you haven’t seen it in 20 years why make such a declarative statement breh
Well, it's the internet.

What other songs does Nala sing? I think of that song I hear Elton John, don't even remember it in the movie

Looty

Looty
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I’m sure this will be good, but I just don’t see the point of remaking a certified classic that’s as culturally significant as this movie is. There’s no way to Improve on the film. The 1994 animated version is damn near a perfect film, and recasting anyone for an iconic role be it hero or villain is gonna get complaints. You can’t write a new score because the original was so well written that it’s nearly like trying to write a new score for any movie Hans Zimmer or John Williams did, and simply re-recording the score or songs from the original is gonna be met with the general reaction of “the original was much better”. It’s like remaking Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, or back to the future. I hope they don’t try this with Aladdin or Mulan too. Some films can’t be remade and some roles just can’t be replaced by other actors no matter how good they are. I mean look at the fact that James Earl Jones is gonna be 87 next month and he was asked to lend his voice for Mufasa again. If you know you can’t remake the film without asking one of the stars to come back for the same role 23 years later, what’s the point :ld:

Edit: Hans even worked on this film too :pachaha:
Breh we bout to have classic remade with a predominate black cast. What's there to complain about? :ld:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’m sure this will be good, but I just don’t see the point of remaking a certified classic that’s as culturally significant as this movie is. There’s no way to Improve on the film. The 1994 animated version is damn near a perfect film, and recasting anyone for an iconic role be it hero or villain is gonna get complaints. You can’t write a new score because the original was so well written that it’s nearly like trying to write a new score for any movie Hans Zimmer or John Williams did, and simply re-recording the score or songs from the original is gonna be met with the general reaction of “the original was much better”. It’s like remaking Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, or back to the future. I hope they don’t try this with Aladdin or Mulan too. Some films can’t be remade and some roles just can’t be replaced by other actors no matter how good they are. I mean look at the fact that James Earl Jones is gonna be 87 next month and he was asked to lend his voice for Mufasa again. If you know you can’t remake the film without asking one of the stars to come back for the same role 23 years later, what’s the point :ld:

Edit: Hans even worked on this film too :pachaha:

1). Their already doing both Aladdin AND Mulan. Aladdin is filming right now with Will Smith as the Genie.

2).Both Jungle Book and Beauty And The Beast made a shyt ton of money so the demand for Live Action Disney classics is literally allowing the studio to print money.

3). Lion King is THE classic of all 90’s Disney animated films. If you thought that there was a chance it wasn’t gonna get remade one day you crazy lol. Not only that we’ve got a majority black cast. Instead of Jonathon Taylor Thomas we’ve got the Gawd Donald Glover. Beyoncé as Nala and James Earl Jones returning as Mufasa this might end up being the highest grossing movie of all time with a majority black cast.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Breh we bout to have classic remade with a predominate black cast. What's there to complain about? :ld:
1). Their already doing both Aladdin AND Mulan. Aladdin is filming right now with Will Smith as the Genie.

2).Both Jungle Book and Beauty And The Beast made a shyt ton of money so the demand for Live Action Disney classics is literally allowing the studio to print money.

3). Lion King is THE classic of all 90’s Disney animated films. If you thought that there was a chance it wasn’t gonna get remade one day you crazy lol. Not only that we’ve got a majority black cast. Instead of Jonathon Taylor Thomas we’ve got the Gawd Donald Glover. Beyoncé as Nala and James Earl Jones returning as Mufasa this might end up being the highest grossing movie of all time with a majority black cast.
Oh it’ll be really good and it’s a great cast. I’m just not big on remakes when the film is as good as the original is. The bar is already set so high since the first really had no flaws, and there’s a good chance I’ll go see it. Not for a moment do I expect this to be anything but fantastic. I got a major soft spot for all the old animated classic films. I grew up on those. I’m really glad they’re bringing JEJ back though. I’m just wondering how can you improve the film.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
'The Lion King' Remake Cutting Classic Song from Animated Film

What the fukk.

This is arguably their greatest villain song. Removing it makes no goddamn sense. It is my favorite Disney song ever. I teared up when they started singing it when I saw it on Broadway. This legit ruined my day.

I don’t really know anybody who was super attached to Be Prepared, even though it was a cool song. Now if they were cutting Hakuna Matata or Circle Of Life I could see the outrage

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I don’t really know anybody who was super attached to Be Prepared, even though it was a cool song. Now if they were cutting Hakuna Matata or Circle Of Life I could see the outrage
It's one of their better villain songs. Hellfire might be the only one that could nudge it out of the top spot. The Third Reich hyena shyt is iconic. I'm literally sick right now lmao. I know this sounds childish as fukk but I am legitimately sick to my stomach. I don't think I'm gonna support this movie. Just another bland forgettable 2010 era Disney movie

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
'The Lion King' Remake Cutting Classic Song from Animated Film

What the fukk.

This is arguably their greatest villain song. Removing it makes no goddamn sense. It is my favorite Disney song ever. I teared up when they started singing it when I saw it on Broadway. This legit ruined my day.
i need to see the reason behind this one. they got the blueprint to a billion dollars. all they have to do is literally remake the fukkin movie and put in the same songs

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I’m attached to it :russ:

It doesn’t blow my high tho but it is a weird omission

Yea I mean I’m not trying to diss the song, it was really dope when I was a kid but it doesn’t give me that instant :gladbron: nostalgia factor like the other songs do.

And it also might be because Chiwetol Ejiofor can’t sing:pachaha:

Think about it. You’ve got two world class singers in Donald Glover and Beyoncé , you gonna throw the homie Chiwetol to the wolves like that and have him butcher an ELTON JOHN song...

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yea I mean I’m not trying to diss the song, it was really dope when I was a kid but it doesn’t give me that instant :gladbron: nostalgia factor like the other songs do.

And it also might be because Chiwetol Ejiofor can’t sing:pachaha:

Think about it. You’ve got two world class singers in Donald Glover and Beyoncé , you gonna throw the homie Chiwetol to the wolves like that and have him butcher an ELTON JOHN song...

Man they’d get someone else to do that for him. He’d be okay with that. shyt Jeremy irons can’t really “sing” but he handled be prepared.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Man they’d get someone else to do that for him. He’d be okay with that. shyt Jeremy irons can’t really “sing” but he handled be prepared.
Irons was ill and Be Prepared was sung by Jim Cummings anyways. But still, they do singing voice/acting voice all the time. That's not the reason. Probably some shytty kid that they tested the song with got scared so they removed it cause muh babies dont like da scary

Jon Favreau eat a dikk :pacspit: