The Life & Times of CM Punk: The Prodigal Son Has Returned

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
What's the consensus on how Punk looked out there? Feels like an afterthought with everything else that happened

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
What's the consensus on how Punk looked out there? Feels like an afterthought with everything else that happened

Divisive as expected on twitter.
Some are crediting how he looked and selling/storytelling, others said he looked gassed and hated the logic with the bracelet.
But its all coming from people with bias to him already on either side.

It was very much a WWE match with pauses for verbal stuff and spots of selling. Its hard to say if hes genuinely gassed cause he always sells like that in slow paced matches even in his prime (the sloppy punch drunk fighter whos been in a war)

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It's kind of hard to believe that Punk has only had 7 televised matches since his return from injury last June.

Punk/FTR vs. Joe/Robinson/White
Punk vs Kojima
Punk vs Joe
Punk vs. Ricky Starks
Punk vs. Joe
The 2024 Royal Rumble
Punk vs. Drew

I know he had a few matches with Dom on the house show circuit, but I heard they were more like comedy/get back into ring shape matches, so I won't count those.

EDIT - Ooops, I almost forgot his unscripted matches with The Young Bucks and Jack Perry. :troll:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
Dude was in the best shape of his life (which is funny and sad because he was definitely skinny-fat his entire prime and for his AEW Run), but I can’t call it in the ring because I can’t tell if he was selling or legit gassed after the 5 minute mark

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I enjoyed the match.

I don’t get what’s hard to understand about his bracelet. It’s a sentimental item, doesn’t matter what it is. I have stuff from my daughter and my wife that means more to me than any pricey thing I bought. Even stuff belonging to our old dog (:rip:) and younger dog that I’ll always cherish. :wow: