Arcadium GOTY

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Persona 5 seems to have come and gone.

Persona 4 golden was a game that was talked about in gaming circles for fukking years and years.

There was so much hype for persona 5 and then it came out and people have just quietly stopped discussing it. In fact I see it get mentioned as being a bit of a let down and disappointing more than anything.
Persona 5 wasn't disappointing. I argued this with some folks on here several times but all the shyt they can name you could say about P4 Golden too and that was my favorite until now. P5 is better imo.

There was a big thread on Gaf a few months after release asking this question and the majority of posts said it lived up to expectations but of course the naysayers were the most vocal in trying to say otherwise. I'm not saying they're completely unfounded but a lot of the complaints I've seen were largely subjective and from what I've observed from reading these discussions online(on Gaf) seemed to boil down to rose tinted glasses and people remembering past games fondly.

Even the user reviews are still very high and close to the Metacritic(93 and 9.1). If it wasn't for Mario, P5 would be my GOTY.

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Persona 5 wasn't disappointing. I argued this with some folks on here several times but all the shyt they can name you could say about P4 Golden too and that was my favorite until now. P5 is better imo.

There was a big thread on Gaf a few months after release asking this question and the majority of posts said it lived up to expectations but of course the naysayers were the most vocal in trying to say otherwise.
I replayed P4G twice. The story in P5 kinda felt like trash in comparison. I still haven't finished it so maybe it got better but I just lost interest. It's also a game that I do not feel like playing on the couch.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I replayed P4G twice. The story in P5 kinda felt like trash in comparison. I still haven't finished it so maybe it got better but I just lost interest. It's also a game that I do not feel like playing on the couch.
Finish it.

The story in P5 isn't that different on a big level compared to 4 so to say 5's story is trash but 4's isn't is funny to me.
I had this argument on Neogaf with someone. They argued that there seems to be disconnect and no over arching theme throughout the story but 4 was exactly the same in that you don't know what's connecting the villains/plot points together. I also like the cast in 5 better than 4's cast.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Folks are also overlooking the fact that 4 GOTY contenders (BOTW, Mario, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2) are all on 1 platform that they refuse to buy for some reason.

Splatoon was a disappointment and Xeno isn't out yet.