Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Mass Effect Andromeda? :mjlol:

:mjcry:

Also, I know it won't get any votes but Tales of Berseria is the best JRPG of the year. Persona 5 is a the prettiest bytch I've ever seen - but if you go down the checklist, Berseria is a classic
Persona 5 seems to have come and gone.

Persona 4 golden was a game that was talked about in gaming circles for fukking years and years.

There was so much hype for persona 5 and then it came out and people have just quietly stopped discussing it. In fact I see it get mentioned as being a bit of a let down and disappointing more than anything.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Persona 5 seems to have come and gone.

Persona 4 golden was a game that was talked about in gaming circles for fukking years and years.

There was so much hype for persona 5 and then it came out and people have just quietly stopped discussing it. In fact I see it get mentioned as being a bit of a let down and disappointing more than anything.
P5 was godlike style, great gameplay over a stale as fukk and utterly repetitive group of enemies that are never varied or a threat to you on even the highest difficulty, the main cast was trash and the story as well as the pacing only get worse the further you get into the game. The game is beautiful and the design is just some of the best out there. That doesn't make it a complete game though. I'd still recommend people play it and everyone can enjoy it.

HOW EVAH :sas2: Berseria's gameplay is just plain better and more fun, maybe a GOAT cast and the story was better than it had any right to be (imagine if the crew from one piece decided to be scumags. yes. wow.) too many open areas but the dungeons were a hell of a lot better than p5's, and the mechanics and depth to the game is as deep as you'd like to get

i got nothing 'against' p5, and i look forward to p5: rouge - but berseria....

tales of series is snatching the crown soon

llt23

All Star
Daps
P5 was godlike style, great gameplay over a stale as fukk and utterly repetitive group of enemies that are never varied or a threat to you on even the highest difficulty, the main cast was trash and the story as well as the pacing only get worse the further you get into the game. The game is beautiful and the design is just some of the best out there. That doesn't make it a complete game though. I'd still recommend people play it and everyone can enjoy it.

HOW EVAH :sas2: Berseria's gameplay is just plain better and more fun, maybe a GOAT cast and the story was better than it had any right to be (imagine if the crew from one piece decided to be scumags. yes. wow.) too many open areas but the dungeons were a hell of a lot better than p5's, and the mechanics and depth to the game is as deep as you'd like to get

I played and completed both games... Berseria was OK. That game 100 percent will be forgotten in time and can only be recommended to hardcore JRPG enthusiasts. I couldnt even name one of the characters from the game right now. I barely remember the plot outside of doing some demonic shyt. And real shyt just from Tales series I'd easily take Vesperia over that one, better art style and the crew was way better. P5 I agree the pacing of the last 10 hours and the ending was bad, but the rest was excellent. And it even seems to be able to capture folks who are not JRPG fans.

Either way I pick Yakuza 0. Easily the best main story plot this gen. Real shyt for grown ass men. Plus a ton of fun side content that kept me engaged for 100 hours.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Your favorite game got destroyed by a beta test people had to pay for to get in :mjlol::umad:
All good

PUBG has an amazing concept and if it was actually released this year as a full game I'd have no issue with it sweeping GOTY awards. It hasn't hit store fronts as a full retail game yet though, as it's intended to once they finish it so I don't think it should count

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
All good

PUBG has an amazing concept and if it was actually released this year as a full game I'd have no issue with it sweeping GOTY awards. It hasn't hit store fronts as a full retail game yet though, as it's intended to once they finish it so I don't think it should count
But it does :umad:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You play Ys8?