The Legend of Korra

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Watching the Avatar over the weekend...I forgot how powerful the animal guides were in the first series

Airbender-flying bison
firebender- dragons
earthbenders- badger moles

Waterbender- Lassie??? They really sold the waterbenders short on their animal guide...I don't remember the dogg having any impact on any fights in the korra series. The dogg was get molllywopped by Appa..or any animal guide for that matter

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...
I just watched TLA and LOK within the last two weeks or so for the first time. These are just my thoughts. Some of them I've discussed with @yeahisaidit already. I read through this whole thread.

I feel like the writers struggled with finding that happy medium between making Korra a bad ass and her villains a bad ass, simultaneously. Subsequently, she took a lot of prolonged L's and the ultimate payoff or catharsis didn't really work for me. She would get sonned even in the Avatar state by regular benders. I really don't think the comparisons are fair between Aang and Korra -- being that Aang was only a child and had a year to learn three elements and Korra was an adult (for the most part). With that being said, Aang would try to avoid a fight, but if he went Avatar state it was :ufdup: (outside of the Azula fiasco). Korra, while being probably the most powerful/talented Avatar we've seen also comes off as being the worst we've seen. Like, there's this huge chasm that isn't effectively explained between what she can do physically, what we know the Avatar state entails from previous iterations, even in a child, and what happens to her (regardless of the spirit world stuff). It's akin to a WWE champion coming out every Raw and losing to "put over" the competition, but still remaining the champion.

I also think the writers did a HUGE, HUGE disservice to Korra by getting rid of her connections to previous Avatars. I'm talking about as a fan of the show and not Korra herself. I mean entertainment value. That is one of the coolest components of the Avatar mythos. It's not a coincidence that the episodes with Wan were some of the best in LOK. Most of the moments I was really like :wow: in TLA were with past Avatars. When Roku channeled through Aang in the temple. When Kyoshi created the island and so on. Maybe they were tired of coming up with backstories, but I really don't think it was a good idea.

I do think the fights in LOK were superior to TLA. They simply had more moving parts and did cooler stuff. I also liked the more adult themed content of LOK over TLA. Overall, I enjoyed TLA more. It had a little bit more "magic" than LOK and Aang wasn't nerfed to comical levels in the Avatar state.

:ehh:

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Did they ever explain how the all these sky bisons came about, since Appa was the last sky bison?

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
LOK is much better to me.

ATLA was decent at best. Aang was WAY too goofy and the show as a whole was too child-like:yeshrug:

LOK first season alone >>>>>>ATLA :dre:

i think some of you need to re watch the OG series there was A TON of filler and the villains were turrible.:bhop12:

Fire Lord Ozai was a bytch ass child beater that was living of the legacy of his grandfather.:ghhghghg:

Amom the GAWD>>>>>all

Also fukk that fanasty fighting shyt, i would wipe the floor with toph :pacspit:

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

ATLA was decent at best. Aang was WAY too goofy and the show as a whole was too child-like:yeshrug:

i think some of you need to re watch the OG series there was A TON of filler and the villains were turrible.:bhop12:

Fire Lord Ozai was a bytch ass child beater that was living of the legacy of his grandfather.:ghhghghg:

Amom the GAWD>>>>>all

Also fukk that fanasty fighting shyt, i would wipe the floor with toph :pacspit:

I agree with you on the villains. Outside of Azula and Zuko most ATLA villains were trash.

ATLA definitely had more filler, but most of it was dope. There are only a couple eps I actually dislike.

Blasphemy:camby:

Last edited:

curz

Don of all Dons
Daps
Reppin
Dade

Amom the GAWD>>>>>all

LOK got way to formulaic, the final 5 eps of every season are the same