The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Switch, PS4, and PC Versions Heading West

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

If this game starts with that scene with Juna in the bed that's some bullshyt. Unforgivable. We were in the middle of some cutscenes in the final dungeon of III and the damn game just faded to black and now they're pulling that reset the table shyt? They need to pick up right where the last one ended. Right at that very moment.

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
shyt is crack. Been trying to make my way through the other ones before this release.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

This seems to show the playable characters from the other games. Looks like there's a certain selection that are playable and everyone isn't back. I hear more people will be back in the next game though.

The character at 0:44 is huge for people who have played the Sky series and the Crossbell games. Seems like they came full circle finally.

If you haven't played the Crossbell games there's some spoilers in this you won't pick up on until you play them.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Is there a release date yet for this? :lupe:
October 27th 2020 in North America.

This game also has a sequel called Hajimari no Kiseki that comes out in Japan in August of this year. I think it's mostly about Crossbell characters though. I haven't looked too deep into it but I know it features some that aren't really in this game. Maybe if we're lucky we can get it next year.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The worst reviews Trails came in the West I see.
This review is brutal.
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV Review | RPG Site
I have my doubts about how much I'm gonna like this game given that it compares more to Cold Steel II but I'll be playing it none-the-less. After the next game I'll be glad for them to leave the Cold Steel series and hopefully by extension the Sky and Crossbell series behind and move on.

Cold Steel is easily the worst Trails series by far. It was right from the very beginning. That's not to say I think it's bad but it just is nowhere near as enjoyable or good as Crossbell and Sky. A great part of that is too much cast bloat. The old and new Class VII and a protagonist in Rean that didn't find his footing till the 3rd game.

I'm ready for Calvard. I'm disappointed they made yet another Cold Steel game after IV.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
What is this game about I keep seeing YouTube videos and I'm curious

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I'm playing this now after beating 3 and man..... the fall off from 1 to 4 is fukking crazy

This series deserves better fr

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm playing this now after beating 3 and man..... the fall off from 1 to 4 is fukking crazy

This series deserves better fr
I was pleased with 4. I feel like 3>4>1>2.

4 had some of the most amazing moments in the series. The whole endgame of it was magnificent. The only real weak part was act 2. Act 3 and the finale were as good as I could have hoped for. Also there's a boss fight towards the end of 4 with
McBurn
that was my favorite moment in the game. It completely turned the series plot on its head.