The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky is available on Steam

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Just played for about an hour so far. I just finished the first training mission and became a junior bracer or w/e. I like Estelle so far. I'm not feeling the battle system though. It feels as usual, archaic. :yeshrug:
I don't really play it for the battles as much as I play for the story, characters, and writing. This is a game from like 11 years ago. There are man modern conveniences it lacks. I'll go on record as saying Estelle is my favorite JRPG protagonist of all time and nobody else comes close.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you haven't given it out yet, I'll take it and play it within the next month and update the thread, after I finish Final Fantasy 3.
what's your Steam ID or you can just send me a friend invite. Steam ID is the same name as here.

Uh Oh

Bake 'em away, toys
Daps
what's your Steam ID or you can just send me a friend invite. Steam ID is the same name as here.
Thanks. Mine is the same as here, too. Just sent a friend request.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It took 40 hours on FC and 58 on SC but I'm at the final boss of the two.

SC is going of my list of top 5 JRPGs I've played with games like Persona 4, Xenosaga Episode 3, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy IX in no particular order. I can't believe I sat on these games for a couple months after SC came out. I should have stopped whatever I was playing back then and beat these.

Can't wait to start Trails of Cold Steel today. Also the Enforcers boss theme "fateful confrontation" is pure piff

as is their normal theme

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I don't really play it for the battles as much as I play for the story, characters, and writing. This is a game from like 11 years ago. There are man modern conveniences it lacks. I'll go on record as saying Estelle is my favorite JRPG protagonist of all time and nobody else comes close.
This is a big statement.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
This is a big statement.
The best way I can describe her is she has that Naruto quality of uniting and befriending people, but at the same time she's incredibly snarky she always has some smart ass comment about everything that's usually hilarious. She starts off a bit immature and naive but she grows dramatically over the two games and becomes very perceptive but at the same time she's still never loses those qualities that make her who she is. She's probably the second best character in the game because Olivier exist. He's the ultimate troll character especially the way he trolls her.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
The best way I can describe her is she has that Naruto quality of uniting and befriending people, but at the same time she's incredibly snarky she always has some smart ass comment about everything that's usually hilarious. She starts off a bit immature and naive but she grows dramatically over the two games and becomes very perceptive but at the same time she's still never loses those qualities that make her who she is. She's probably the second best character in the game because Olivier exist. He's the ultimate troll character especially the way he trolls her.
Have you played Tales of the Abyss?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It took 40 hours on FC and 58 on SC but I'm at the final boss of the two.

SC is going of my list of top 5 JRPGs I've played with games like Persona 4, Xenosaga Episode 3, Chrono Trigger, and Final Fantasy IX in no particular order. I can't believe I sat on these games for a couple months after SC came out. I should have stopped whatever I was playing back then and beat these.

Can't wait to start Trails of Cold Steel today. Also the Enforcers boss theme "fateful confrontation" is pure piff

as is their normal theme

Wow I'm eager to try this, I plan on picking both up today or tomorrow.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
A very minimal ending but it was satisfying. The closure for the characters was given during the credits and one final scene after. Of course if this sells well enough there's still the third game but that game has a different protagonist and the two main characters here aren't the main focus.

This game has it's own self contained story that ties into a larger plot but the major antagonist of the series itself isn't even in the game only mentioned. From what I hear up to Trails of Cold Steel II the big bad has yet to appear in any game.