The Last of Us Part I 9/2/22 PS5, 3/28/23 PC

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why is it that most of the time a PC port runs like absolute dogshyt, there's a solid chance it's Iron Galaxy responsible? :dead:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Why is it that most of the time a PC port runs like absolute dogshyt, there's a solid chance it's Iron Galaxy responsible? :dead:

I can give you like a dozen instances within the past year where iron galaxy had nothing to do with shytty pc ports :sas2:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can give you like a dozen instances within the past year where iron galaxy had nothing to do with shytty pc ports :sas2:

okay-tyler-the-creator.gif

They've got Arkham Knight on their record. And then this and the Uncharted collection port both launching a bit rough.

That's the curse of being a primarily support/port studio. Your good work will never stand out as much as your failures.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
okay-tyler-the-creator.gif

They've got Arkham Knight on their record. And then this and the Uncharted collection port both launching a bit rough.

That's the curse of being a primarily support/port studio. Your good work will never stand out as much as your failures.

I’m just saying this isn’t the first or last horrible pc port that will come out. shyts been a mess around the board since this gen began :manny:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I've never seen a PC port go 45 minutes to compile shaders and be nightmare spec sheet quite like this...
:picard:

Doesn't SONY own one of the best port studios?

Days Gone and Spiderman are ridiculously good ports, I'm curious what went wrong with TLOU...

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Days Gone and Spiderman are ridiculously good ports, I'm curious what went wrong with TLOU...

Yeah, Nixxes.

The fact that they didn't have them on this makes it pretty obvious that Forbidden West or Ragnarok are next up for PC ports, and those were higher priority for them.

taker597

Superstar
Daps

Yeah, but Sony doesn't source the studio to projects. It goes through NaughtyDog, because it's their game. NaughtyDog had Iron Galaxy do Uncharted 4. This is on ND.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Sweet Jesus. fukk. A patch makes the game recompile the game. I don't understand this shyt. Why is this soooo slow

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Wife is thoroughly entertained... Calling it the "Extended Edition" :mjlol:

As good as the show is... Wife thinks the game is superior. Paced way slower and not rushed. Way more infected to make getting a cure less trivial. Flesh out character better and made Joel less of a softie like he is in the show. Joel is a lot more hardened and a survivor mentality.