The Last of Us Part I 9/2/22 PS5, 3/28/23 PC

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
yeah, but video game journalism is really at an all time low. You got sites like IGN and Gamespot competing for clicks with LukeTeab4G on youtube. Can you honestly tell me these days who's a youtuber/fan/leaker and who's actually an acclaimed journalist with actual pedigree behind them?

They are just doing anything to survive at this point, and the gaming industry always needs an underdog or villain story to get people even more invested, just like WWE

Honestly, gaming journalism was never great, but I agree, they're definitely at their lowest point right now.

I think a big reason why these guys are failing is because they keep going for these easy wins by click baiting, console warring, and just generally flipping headlines and narratives you would find on gaf/era, and dont actually spend time playing these games and spending enough time to make their own well informed opinions. Just look at the amount of effort goes into KF's content, and the amount of effort that goes into Skill Up's content. Its a huge difference, and it shows in the views for their videos.

Nah, Factions still is active on PS4 till this day. It's not pulling in hundreds of thousands of players but there's a small active playerbase there. Obviously, a brand new facelift to factions on PS5 would bring in a new crowd that would then interfere with their older playerbase and upcoming MP title.

Same thing with Uncharted. They didn't want to interfere with UC4 coming out a few months later so they didn't include it and probably figured it'd be wasteful resources to support servers for a game that will be succeeded soon.

How active? Cause I cant imagine it being more than a few hundred people at most still playing that game.

I really dont think a better looking version of that game can pull people away from the juggernauts like Warzone, Fortnite, Apex, Siege, Destiny, etc. The multiplayer shooter space is a completely different landscape today versus back then. The streamer / competitive shooter space is a huge factor in MP games succeeding today, and third person shooters traditionally dont resonate with that crowd.

But you're bringing up a good point on how Sony would just be competing with themselves and fragmenting their own players when the full fledged version of Factions comes out next year.

Anton

All Star
Daps
You have to be borderline insane to keep buying this damn game over and over again at full price:hhh:
This game is for people like me who only played Part II

I bet the majority buying this never played it before..