The Last of Us Part I 9/2/22 PS5, 3/28/23 PC

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'll admit it looks pretty damn good when you see more and more comparisons. I just feel like it's a cash grab still because it's $70 for a remake missing a critical component of the game. It'd be like if COD Black Ops got a remake without zombies. I'd still recommend this if you never played it before or if you only played it on PS3 once or even PS4.

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I'll admit it looks pretty damn good when you see more and more comparisons. I just feel like it's a cash grab still because it's $70 for a remake missing a critical component of the game. It'd be like if COD Black Ops got a remake without zombies. I'd still recommend this if you never played it before or if you only played it on PS3 once or even PS4.

Man aint nobody playing Factions after a few weeks and I'm sure Sony is fully aware about this.

Same reason why those Uncharted remasters didnt come with online.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
looks the same :troll:

5hyMwAt.png

The-Last-of-Us%E2%84%A2-Part-I_20220825223519-scaled.jpg

thelastofusparti_2022scc8l.png

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Look at what these guys titled their news video today lmao @Gizmo_Duck

i watched it live, they praise it the entire time, but gotta get those youtube clicks for something potentially negative.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown though. so many haters horny for TLOU hate to resist :francis:

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
i watched it live, they praise it the entire time, but gotta get those youtube clicks for something potentially negative.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown though. :francis:

Its low hanging fruit shyt lmao. I know clickbaiting is part of the Youtube game, but the whole industry seems to rely on anti Sony headlines and narratives for views and clicks a little too much.

I dont even know why this was the lead story when we got that FromSoftware story today. I feel like that woulda generated more clicks.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Its low hanging fruit shyt lmao. I know clickbaiting is part of the Youtube game, but the whole industry seems to rely on anti Sony headlines and narratives for views and clicks a little too much.

I dont even know why this was the lead story when we got that FromSoftware story today. I feel like that woulda generated more clicks.

naw no way lol

its like when Lebron went to Miami, or the Floyd shyt...people view Sony as the "villain" so they get hype to hear something negative about them. Especially the emboldened xbox stans, they really expected to wake up today and get some hits in when the game got critically panned lol

fact is sony is a hitmaker, its solidified at this point, they will never miss a step. All that whining about a price increase and the consoles are still gonna be selling out, they probably could have just charged 600 dollars for the PS5 physical tbh

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
naw no way lol

its like when Lebron went to Miami, or the Floyd shyt...people view Sony as the "villain" so they get hype to hear something negative about them. Especially the emboldened xbox stans, they really expected to wake up today and get some hits in when the game got critically panned lol

fact is sony is a hitmaker, its solidified at this point, they will never miss a step. All that whining about a price increase and the consoles are still gonna be selling out, they probably could have just charged 600 dollars for the PS5 physical tbh

Yeah but a lot of that stuff is why people don't take platforms like ESPN and Undisputed seriously for real sports analysis, and consider it purely entertainment. Because when you lean into that shyt too much, you lose all journalistic integrity, especially when many of these narratives can be applied to other parties but you choose to be selective due to an underlying agenda or more clicks/views.

I think you were the guy who made that thread about P5 getting full priced remasters every gen since the PS3 version, and no one (the industry) cared lol.

Its the same shyt that I always echo about Respawn and how their business practices are so egregious and predatory in Apex Legends, but they constantly slide cause they aren't aligned with any one platform, so they avoid console wars completely, and none of these hipster critics play online games so they got no idea. Meanwhile they made a huge deal out of the MTX in GT7 when that shyt wasnt even half as bad. I havent spent a single dollar in that game and I'm over collector level 50 with like over 5m in cash.

shyt like this is why its hard to take gaming media seriously.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Sony stan’s :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah but a lot of that stuff is why people don't take platforms like ESPN and Undisputed seriously for real sports analysis, and consider it purely entertainment. Because when you lean into that shyt too much, you lose all journalistic integrity, especially when many of these narratives can be applied to other parties but you choose to be selective due to an underlying agenda or more clicks/views.

yeah, but video game journalism is really at an all time low. You got sites like IGN and Gamespot competing for clicks with LukeTeab4G on youtube. Can you honestly tell me these days who's a youtuber/fan/leaker and who's actually an acclaimed journalist with actual pedigree behind them?

They are just doing anything to survive at this point, and the gaming industry always needs an underdog or villain story to get people even more invested, just like WWE

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Man aint nobody playing Factions after a few weeks and I'm sure Sony is fully aware about this.

Same reason why those Uncharted remasters didnt come with online.
Nah, Factions still is active on PS4 till this day. It's not pulling in hundreds of thousands of players but there's a small active playerbase there. Obviously, a brand new facelift to factions on PS5 would bring in a new crowd that would then interfere with their older playerbase and upcoming MP title.

Same thing with Uncharted. They didn't want to interfere with UC4 coming out a few months later so they didn't include it and probably figured it'd be wasteful resources to support servers for a game that will be succeeded soon.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Obviously, a brand new facelift to factions on PS5 would bring in a new crowd that would then interfere with their older playerbase and upcoming MP title.

exactly, its just redundant for them to rebuild factions for part 1 right now. The people who love factions are just gonna continue playing the ps3/4 version until the stand alone comes out.

its like Rockstar remaking GTA4 with a robust online mode before GTA6 comes out

HoldThisL

Captain L
Daps
This looks like a great remaster, but it is not worth $70 at all, especially considering it does not come with factions.

They literally could have shipped with with the standalone Factions.