The Last of Us has sold over 17 million copies as of April 2018

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
you would think after 2 decades these so called safezones wouldn’t look like shytholes, I mean these places should've been fully developed with homes, buildings, modern technology, farming etc. etc.
this is a problem I have with a lot of 'post apocalyptic' stuff. they always just assume society will fall apart, and no one will care to put it back together. personally I have more faith in humanity, but I guess people will just say I'm naive :yeshrug:

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX
I'm going to assume that he meant "not topped" as in quality not sales.

would’ve made sense if your thread was about TLOU recieving the best ratings, awards & reviews of this entire era / generation of gaming

anywayz, i didnt get a chance to :salute: / rep you for convincing me to cop

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
this is a problem I have with a lot of 'post apocalyptic' stuff. they always just assume society will fall apart, and no one will care to put it back together. personally I have more faith in humanity, but I guess people will just say I'm naive :yeshrug:
Humans allowed these 2 people to be presidential candidates
160127101500-donald-trump-hillary-clinton-composite-large-169.jpg

kingofnyc

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boogie Down BX

:myman:

after reading all these post & a bunch of others from different places - i was thinking i can’t be the only person with confidence in humanity

NoMayo15

All Star
Daps
:yeshrug:

you can simply look at Will Smith movie ‘i am legend’ which essentially is the same plot, yet they had this huge enormous facility, safezone, colony or whatever they called it at the very end with policing, security, doctors, scientist, vegetation etc. etc. all working together to restart humanity & that outbreak was only 3 or 4 years in

again, I understand it’s a game in all and we’re getting into semantics but 20 years ; 2 decades and that’s the world they continue to live in ( da fukk purpose of living - if all of society had given up )

im sorry.... shytz just not believable to me

Alright, fair enough. If I recall correctly, we don't really get to see much of what life is like in the I Am Legend "safe zone". Honestly, we can look at a lot of post-apocalyptic movies and games and wonder what life might be like.... ultimately we don't know. Personally I lean towards most societies being a sort of fascist dystopia, strictly regulated and governed by a militia. I don't know why you think things would/should be back to normal two decades after the initial event. Maybe there does exist some pristine safe zone in TLOU universe that we didn't see in the first game.... just like there were pristine locations in the Fallout universe like the Institute. But the majority of safe zones aren't going to look or be technologically advanced in that way.

Of people who survive, how many are going to be knowledgeable of these things anyway? Are kids like Ellie going to be taught construction and agriculture, or is it more likely they are taught more basic survival skills and trained with firearms?