The Last of Us coming to HBO as a series

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
how can they make an interesting adaptation series? by then we'll already know everything that will happen?

unless they do a spin off story from the game
I hope so but I think it's to make bread off non gamers. This equal merch just like how the walking dead took off. Walmart and Target had their merch heavy.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Demon Joel or the storyline from the sewers would make great TV but I can't help but think it would end up a TWD clone with the HBO stamp. :patrice:

Hugh jackman for Joel. Not sure about Ellie

:ehh: I like that

I would have said Hailee Steinfeld for Ellie a few years ago but she too sexy now.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
isnt there like 20 years between the beginning of TLOU and when Ellie comes into the picture that could show Joel is full time member of the fireflies?
that could be interesting to see the aftermath of the outbreak, maybe do the multiple timelines that shows seem to like doing now

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
isnt there like 20 years between the beginning of TLOU and when Ellie comes into the picture that could show Joel is full time member of the fireflies?
that could be interesting to see the aftermath of the outbreak, maybe do the multiple timelines that shows seem to like doing now

Joel was never a Firefly. He used to be a hunter though hence why I said "Demon" Joel (after Sarah's death and before Tommy joins Fireflies) would have been interesting.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
After seeing him in Shot Caller, it'd throw Jaime Lannister's name in for Joel

Nikolaj-Coster-Waldau-shot-caller-image.jpg

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
John Bernthal for Joel, I don't know who for Ellie I'd have to think about it.

his name hadn't even occurred to me, but I’d love this, he has the build/look and is an amazing actor, he can express either pure sadness/grief or Extreme rage in an instant, that’s why he was the Perfect casting for Frank Castle

edit:

AGzBtuZ8yRVN3XMFJpHbq4eFUgqGUAdifVRuHYsf5_J4hILfKWzAhMAHOCPePaAhrtov5p_GmMjdV3E

5c6a06236f07daaea47f2c32913343f9.jpg

Last edited:

Jimmy ValenTime

A really good Lawyer
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
They probably going to do Joel as a savage and expand on the fire flies and the goverment response

an not do an adaptation of the game straight up because that's a mini series at best

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They probably going to do Joel as a savage and expand on the fire flies and the goverment response

an not do an adaptation of the game straight up because that's a mini series at best
If it had fully fleshed out writing the events of the game alone is definitely not just a mini series, you could use the events of “Summer” alone for a standard HBO ten episode runtime, ending with Joel & Ellie on their way to find Tommy.

you could probably put the events of Autumn, Winter & Spring into one season tho