The Last of Us coming to HBO as a series

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In that case, they will either need to stretch out the story until they complete TLOU 3 or they need to hurry with development before it gets to that point.

TLOU is too much of a money maker for Sony to end it after the second game just to pivot to a TV show.

Yeah, even if this show turns out to be amazing, first and foremost I love the game, I never want the show to over take the games.

I doubt that’ll happen anyway if they do decide to make a third game, part 2 comes out in a couple months and we’re probably at least a year and a half away from seeing the first season, not to mention it probably won’t be 1 game = 1 TV season, I think it’s safe to say we’re closer right now to a third game then we are to a season of the show that overtakes the events of the 2nd game

Ku$h Parker

I'm Nothin Correctable
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Prime Minister of S.B. Westside
200w.webp

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Yeah, even if this show turns out to be amazing, first and foremost I love the game, I never want the show to over take the games.

I doubt that’ll happen anyway if they do decide to make a third game, part 2 comes out in a couple months and we’re probably at least a year and a half away from seeing the first season, not to mention it probably won’t be 1 game = 1 TV season, I think it’s safe to say we’re closer right now to a third game then we are to a season of the show that overtakes the events of the 2nd game
They can stretch the first game out by doing one season per season in the game(fall,summer and winter part of the game )

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just saw in the film room that the creator behind HBO’s ‘chernobyl’ is also behind this

the mood/setting are going to be correctly established :wow:

if anyone hasn’t seen ‘chernobyl’ then get an HBONOW trial account and watch it

Last edited:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side

Just like how, thankfully, Game of thrones never caught up to the books. :troll:

but seriously, they could just do a very loose version of the first game without having to do it beat for beat...throw in some surprises..w/o messing with the overall arch of the story....i doubt we get more than 3 games and there is plenty of time clearly to get this done right.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
I just saw in the film room that the creator behind HBO’s ‘chernobyl’ is also behind this

if anyone hasn’t seen ‘chernobyl’ then get a HBONOW trial account and watch it
I'm about to jump on it, I had to finish Castlevania season 3 today. :wow:

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
If this show gets as big as game of thrones did , that would put the last of us on the same level as Mario and Halo brand wise.

Slimkid07

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Go ahead and throw the bag at Ellen Page.
Josh Brolin for Joel? :jbhmm:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA

if anyone hasn’t seen ‘chernobyl’ then get an HBONOW trial account and watch it
:noah: