The Last Greatest Action Movie Was In 1994...

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
True lies

It had everything
Amazing action, comedy, big budget and a plot twist with the wife.

It had everything.

They don't make movies like that no mo

It's true, they really don't make big action movies with a tight script, big budget action scenes, comedy, good pacing, and clever plot twists. When I think of the Bourne movies, MI, and even Mad Max Fury Road, which I love, they tend to be heavy one the action, very low on the comedy, and have virtually no twists. With all of that criteria in mind, True Lies is really special. The only other movies I can think of that are in the same league with all of that going on are the Indiana Jones movies.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
A little known tidbit, True Lies plot was going to be pretty much Goldeneye's direction which was in production for release the following year.
The Broccolis revised their script after the fact not to copy Cameron's story.

I remember reading that around that time.

@MartyMcFly

Yup. They were pissed about true lies lol. Kicked a lot of shyt in their offices

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
But it's still an action movie and changed the game so by that alone, it'd have to be on the list of great action movies. Then you've also got both Raid movies, John Wick, and one of my favorites, Dredd
Matrix while being an action movie was more or less etched in sci-fi, OP is talking more out and out action like a die hard, Rambo, lethal weapon e.t.c

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Matrix while being an action movie was more or less etched in sci-fi, OP is talking more out and out action like a die hard, Rambo, lethal weapone.t.c
Lethal Weapon 4 with Jet Li...:ohlawd:

Riggs had to cheat to finally put him down in the finale. I forgot about this one; great action flick too.:banderas:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I loved this movie. Kinda surprised Schwarzengger even took it but its such a dope and subversive film.

Its like the adult version of buzz light year in Toy Story.

edit: this isn't about the Last Action Hero :wow: