The Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes (May 24, 2024) (First teaser released!)

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
where does Mae come from? She has actual clothes and can speak English? I was expecting her to be from the Icarus

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I know this series is popular and critically successful, but I would still consider them underrated. They deserve to be recognized as classics of this generation's blockbusters. One of the greatest protagonists in recent memory, and really pushed the boundaries of CGI and special effects. Also, just an incredible trilogy, with every movie being very unique and telling its own story. Now we can add Kingdom to that list too.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This looked great in IMAX. How these films haven’t won oscars for effects. Liked all the characters, though I wanted more of Proximus Caesar and was surprised he wasn’t in it as much. Looks like one of my personal theories that it seems Mae is a villain/antagonist and they might play up that in the next film maybe.

The third act felt a bit rushed and underwhelming which is my only downside.

Really want to see more distinct ape cultures going forward since I loved the inclusion of having Noah’s settlement using eagles as a domesticated animal and the culture around that.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
Really want to see more distinct ape cultures going forward since I loved the inclusion of having Noah’s settlement using eagles as a domesticated animal and the culture around that.
I could’ve swore I heard Raka mention gibbons at one point and that got me thinking that we’ve never seen them in the POTA franchise even though they are an apes species. I wonder if they’re out there evolved in the world. :ohhh:

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I could’ve swore I heard Raka mention gibbons at one point and that got me thinking that we’ve never seen them in the POTA franchise even though they are an apes species. I wonder if they’re out there evolved in the world. :ohhh:

Yeah he definitely name dropped gibbons, which would be cool to see.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Nah the pawg aint shyt the whole movie. Proximus was right about her, shyt crazy. Had them apes going on dummy missions for her own selfish gain. All she did was scam.

Anyway, str8 from the first shot the movie is breathtaking. Felt like looking through an open window or helicopter to the lush jungle landscapes. The final fight is mind numbingly gorgeous with the level of effects. Story wise, i mean it is what it is yall, aint nothing but the Lion King x War of the Apes smushed together.

Wes Ball did a great job with the assignment he had and this is definitely his best movie. I wouldnt put it over any of the previous trilogy movies but its still highly enjoyable. they can absolutely squeeze another trilogy out of this but its gonna be a close shave. A major risk/twist needs to be taken in the next film. This simply showed us they can continue the show.

Favorite scene was Noa sitting on the dock of the bay and becoming an adult by realizing that society aint set up correctly sometimes and you gotta be the change you want to see. Then the hawk jumped into his arm like "you finally got it playa, now lets get it" such a beautiful moment.