The Killing - Season 4/Final season thread (August 1st on Netflix)

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
No spoilers:

Just finished watching the second season.. Is it worth watching the next two?

Finelli

Trapped in the 90's
Daps
Reppin
1998 SOHH
I never understood the hate this got after season 1. I'm really glad that Netflix picked it up and gave it a real ending.

Trill McClay

*Formerly known as Deeeez Nuts
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
I never understood the hate this got after season 1. I'm really glad that Netflix picked it up and gave it a real ending.
I'd assume it was because the 13 episodes could have been minimized into 8-9. Overall good series to me.:obama:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Watched the whole series in the last year and :wow: I love that the show is so dark and grimy. Alot of detail went into each season, my only complaints would be probably be the pacing being super slow at times especially in season 1. The last season was very touching and moving.

The cinematography of how they shot this show was so excellent at showcasing the rainy and gloomy atmosphere present in Seattle.

Excellent series.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Watched the whole series in the last year and :wow: I love that the show is so dark and grimy. Alot of detail went into each season, my only complaints would be probably be the pacing being super slow at times especially in season 1. The last season was very touching and moving.

The cinematography of how they shot this show was so excellent at showcasing the rainy and gloomy atmosphere present in Seattle.

Excellent series.

Funny you say that. Other then the occasional clip of the space needle or downtown Seattle from helicopter this whole show was filmed in Vancouver, BC.

Vancouver and Seattle do have very similar gloomy vibes from November-April though. :mjcry:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Funny you say that. Other then the occasional clip of the space needle or downtown Seattle from helicopter this whole show was filmed in Vancouver, BC.

Vancouver and Seattle do have very similar gloomy vibes from November-April though. :mjcry:
Forreal :ohhh: I didn't know that

I must be the rare breed who loves that weather, that scenery too is :ohlawd:

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
Forreal :ohhh: I didn't know that

I must be the rare breed who loves that weather, that scenery too is :ohlawd:

To the untrained eye you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Seattle and Vancouver, but it's noticeable to someone who lives in Seattle. The street signs are Canadian and look off when watching the show. Any movie/show that is based in "Seattle" is always shot in Vancouver. Last time I was actually in Vancouver I walked up on a movie set without realizing it. Noticed that taxi cabs all said NYC. Apparently it was for a Jack Black movie. Cheaper to shoot in Vancouver then Seattle or NYC.

Where do you live? It's not always doom and gloom here, but this year has been worse then normal. Though starting today we are in for a stretch of sun and no rain. :blessed:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
To the untrained eye you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Seattle and Vancouver, but it's noticeable to someone who lives in Seattle. The street signs are Canadian and look off when watching the show. Any movie/show that is based in "Seattle" is always shot in Vancouver. Last time I was actually in Vancouver I walked up on a movie set without realizing it. Noticed that taxi cabs all said NYC. Apparently it was for a Jack Black movie. Cheaper to shoot in Vancouver then Seattle or NYC.

Where do you live? It's not always doom and gloom here, but this year has been worse then normal. Though starting today we are in for a stretch of sun and no rain. :blessed:
I live in ATL but I'd much rather live in the Pacific Northwest. A cooler and wetter climate would be better for my health and wellbeing personally.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers

It's because their finales were always trash, they build up a case to end it with a pathetic finale every season, even the 4th season finale was quite garbage.

Show it's self was decent, quite dark...all i can remember saying to myself is 'damn, always raining out there'.