The Killing - Season 4/Final season thread (August 1st on Netflix)

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Definitely an improvement but I still felt a little underwhelmed at how it finished. It was all a little too convenient imho.

@Liquid definitely a missed opportunity, this could and should have been a far better show than it was.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Definitely an improvement but I still felt a little underwhelmed at how it finished. It was all a little too convenient imho.

@Liquid definitely a missed opportunity, this could and should have been a far better show than it was.
It seems like people are split on the ending.

but unfortunately it had to end this way for a couple of reasons.

1 - They only had 6 episodes to work with, when I am sure it was originally supposed to go on for another 10 or 12

2- I think Mayor showing up and forcing a suicide verdict makes a whole lot of sense. They can't have 2 detectives linked to serious wrong doings like that in a relatively short time span. Was the way they handled the text messaging and the fact that Linden was making so much mistakes sloppy? Sure I'll give you that, but the lady was losing her mind. She was on the verge of running away from the only one who stuck with her all these years. I think it was a perfect ending in that situation tbh...she was finally at peace. It was time to let Holder all the way in.

3 - The show was dark all the way throughout...the "nice" ending worked well for a show that kept things as bleak as they possibly can. I hate when people hate on "predictable endings"...I don't think it was predictable either.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

1 - They only had 6 episodes to work with, when I am sure it was originally supposed to go on for another 10 or 12

2- I think Mayor showing up and forcing a suicide verdict makes a whole lot of sense. They can't have 2 detectives linked to serious wrong doings like that in a relatively short time span. Was the way they handled the text messaging and the fact that Linden was making so much mistakes sloppy? Sure I'll give you that, but the lady was losing her mind. She was on the verge of running away from the only one who stuck with her all these years. I think it was a perfect ending in that situation tbh...she was finally at peace. It was time to let Holder all the way in.

3 - The show was dark all the way throughout...the "nice" ending worked well for a show that kept things as bleak as they possibly can. I hate when people hate on "predictable endings"...I don't think it was predictable either.

Fair enough. I'm not gonna criticise too much because their hands were tied with the amount of episodes.

Ultimately, this show lost its way pretty early - and considering how bad it got at one point - the ending was decent enough.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I just watched 4 of the final 6.

It's a shame this show hit its stride so late
, but to far its been incredible this last season.
IMO the show has always been great

the only fukk ups were not revealing the killer in the season 1 finale and spending too much time trying to trick the audience instead of just telling the story(also in season 1)

even with those fukk ups season 1 is still the best season and the Rosie Larsen case is by far the best case of the show

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

only thing i didnt like about the ending was the fact that it was years later and they werent cops anymore :to:

they killed any hope that i had of the show returning from the dead for a 3rd time :to:

still pissed AMC only allowed Netflix to do a short final season instead of just selling the show to them

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
only thing i didnt like about the ending was the fact that it was years later and they werent cops anymore :to:

they killed any hope that i had of the show returning from the dead for a 3rd time :to:

still pissed AMC only allowed Netflix to do a short final season instead of just selling the show to them
She could not be a cop anymore breh.

Not only because of the murder, but it was consuming her life to the point in where she could not function anymore. It had to end this way, I've accepted it.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
She could not be a cop anymore breh.

Not only because of the murder, but it was consuming her life to the point in where she could not function anymore. It had to end this way, I've accepted it.
i understand breh,i just wanted more seasons :to:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
:to:

wish we could have had another couple seasons of this

started the first episode and got half way before i had to do some otehr shyt...looking forward to finishing the season...I hope it goes out on a high note....love this series and the whole seattle atmosphere

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Thought the show finally found itself, and I loved the characters by the end, the final scenes were perfect to me, I honestly didn't see it as entirely romantic, but many critics took it that way. They finally found themselves, the way the audience did, it's just too bad thats all there will be. This is a much stronger show then it was in season 1 and 2.

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
finished the final season....:wow: imma miss this show and the ending was great....linden n holder forever b :birdman:

show is underrated as fukk.....it deserves way more recognition...damn...i'm tired of all these dope shows ending...fukk

Last edited: