The Jordan Poole era in DC is already troubling! Is there hope?!

Will Jordan Poole finish his contract as a Washington Bullet?

• Total voters

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Wiz Twitter seems to think that Wes Unseld Jr. needs to play him at PG with Bilal at the 2.

Ironically I’m in the dmv but my take isn’t biased. He should be playing PG.

The league is filled with SGs who are best served as PGs…bc they’re best with the ball and it minimizes defensive liability: SGA, Maxey, harden, CJ, etc. Add in the guy who his career trajectory could be comp’d to also: Gilbert Arenas

I’m still in football mode so have only been watching clips but now that I know he’s at SG it completely explains why this is failing

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's a guy who was decent as a collegiate player and then came into the league with a few flashes of brilliance but needed development. He was relegated to the G-League and worked his way back into the rotation and made significant progess

He became more consistent on offense but remained a cone on defense. His confidence skyrocketed, and he helped his team win a championship.

That punch and the aftermath of how it was mishandled internally as a team and organization destroyed him mentally and emotionally. It destroyed the team's season before it even started.

Since then, he's regressed, and getting a bag didn't help in terms of his emotional and mental regression.

It is crystal clear that he's lost his way. He's at war with himself, and he won't be solid again until he's able to mentally and emotionally move forward from last season's bullshyt.
All it took was a scuffle with a teammate to have him playing garbage :wow:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
what does this mean to you because I see on this spectrum talk brought up a lot on here? what does that even change??

Its unlikely that Poole is on the autistic spectrum. I think a lot of posters here put that on other people because they themselves are not "neurotypical".

The behavior of a person "on the spectrum" will generally be driven by a difficulty/different way of relating to and empathizing with others. Oftentimes eye contact is difficult for these people and their sense of humor is harder to recognize / different than most peoples.

Attention deficit is not the same thing, but many autistic people may suffer from it. Poole's casual behavior in the huddle in OP and not focusing in with the rest of the team might be attention deficit (it might be something completely unrelated, as well).

But Poole is not autistic. He doesn't seem to be a great ballplayer either. But he is rich and bagging baddies. Coli brehs is autistic and jealous of Poole.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Not familiar with the Atlanta metro area, but you should look into Skyhawks(?) tickets if they're close to you.
Pro or semi-pro ball when you can hear the game is a completely different experience than watching on tv, or playing for that matter.
At g league games you can hear everything the coaches call out, you can hear players communicate on the floor, call for switches and what not.
Communication during a game at that level is non stop, it's fascinating.
G league games are boring :camby:

Sitting in empty ass gyms watching a subpar product, never again

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC

From Marc Stein:

🏀 Did the Washington Wizards trade for Jordan Poole to try to rebuild his trade value to move him on in a future trade ... or to make him a cornerstone player of their post-Bradley Beal future?

My sense, from speaking to various league observers, is that more believe it is the former rather than the latter with Poole in Year 1 of a four-year, $123 million contract.

Poole gave a glimpse into how he sees it in a recent interview with my Yahoo! Sports colleague Jake Fischer.

"Obviously I wanted to be in a position to have my own team, and then if it did come, how would I go about that?" Poole told Fischer. "Luckily I’m able to do that so young after learning from some of the best. It’s cool. It’s a smooth transition. We’re building everything from scratch essentially. Building up a new foundation. Everything in Golden State was already established, so we kinda had to fit into the mold that they have there."

Do the Wizards see themselves as Poole’s team?