The Jordan Poole era in DC is already troubling! Is there hope?!

Will Jordan Poole finish his contract as a Washington Bullet?

• Total voters

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Did anybody watch him last year in GS? Especially in the playoffs?
He was literally unplayable, looked like he didn't belong on an NBA court
I'm shocked some people thought this was gonna be some James Harden to Houston breakout, he's never shown anything close to that skill

Very inefficient scorer, extremely turnover prone the more he handles the ball, atrocious defender, etc
What about that says good NBA player? :mjlol:

Draymond destroyed one of the best young players in the league,this is his legacy. If he dives at Draymonds knee in the next game they play,I wouldnt bat an eye. Not saying I condone it or recommend it,but I completely would understand it. How else do you fix your psyche:respect:

The Connoisseurs

Superstar
Daps
Draymond destroyed one of the best young players in the league,this is his legacy. If he dives at Draymonds knee in the next game they play,I wouldnt bat an eye. Not saying I condone it or recommend it,but I completely would understand it. How else do you fix your psyche:respect:
full

FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
Kevin Broom eviscerates Jordan Poole in his latest column at Bullets Forever:

Okay, in fairness, Jordan Poole isn’t the Wizards’ only problem. But his play so far this season is a gargantuan whopper of an anchor on anything they hope to accomplish. Aside from just losing, of course.

Let’s start simple: the Wizards are -19.5 points per 100 possessions when Poole’s on the floor. That’s the worst mark on the team. And yes, that number is in very large part because of him. I’ll come back to it.

Poole averages 62.7 possessions per game. That works out to -12.2 per game. For the season, Washington’s scoring margin is -11.1. With a bit of math, we can see that the Wizards are +1.1 per game when he’s sitting.

The array of improvements when he’s out of the game are kinda amazing. Here’s a partial list: more assists, better three-point shooting (38.3% vs. 32.7%), higher three-point attempt rate, fewer midrange shots, faster offensive possessions, longer defensive possessions, more fouls drawn, better offensive and defensive rebounding, better defensive shot quality, fewer opponent at-rim field goal attempts...the list could continue, but you get the point.

and later on:

On offense, Poole’s 95 offensive rating (points produced per 100 possessions used) is -19.4 per 100 possessions — the eighth worst mark in the NBA so far this season among players with at least 150 minutes of playing time. In my +PTS (plus-points) metric, which compares a player’s efficiency with league average efficiency on the same number of possessions, he’s third worst. His possession usage has been a total of 69.8 points below average. Only Cade Cunningham and Victor Wembanyama have cost their teams more.

And here’s the thing, Poole’s defensive impact has been even worse. He routinely fails basic defensive chores on the perimeter, doesn’t bother to get involved with rebounding, and has a penchant for jogging back in transition.

So far this season, the Wizards offense has been -5.6 points per 100 possessions relative to average when he’s in the game. On defense: -13.9. Yeesh.