The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R.U.L.E.

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Maven/MPire Records
Who the Fukk is guarding the Joker when AD is on the bench?

I admit I was wrong about the GS series but this is a bad match up for the Lakers. Nuggets can attack the paint and have shooters.

But I’ve been wrong before so Lakers in 5

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Yeah this is a much taller order this go round than it was in 2020. We had a much better big man rotation than we do now. At any point we could use Dwight, McGee, Kieff, AD, or even Bron for brief spells.

We don’t quite have that now. So we’ll need to be creative when it comes to planning for Joker. Last thing we need to do is assume this series will be easy just because this Nuggets team hasn’t won a title yet.

etrofllenrod504

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think Denver gonna take a L. The biggest difference I think is
KD was limiting himself by shooting nothing but jumpers. He didn’t trust his body and he didn’t have the stamina to consistently attack the basket. He wasn’t nearly the KD everyone expected and I don’t think Denver had much to do with that.

If Booker had them in the torture rack damn near every game, a healthy KD would’ve had them in a Figure 4 leg lock.

The Lakers don’t have anyone with that type of shotmaking ability, but they do have bigger and better players than Phoenix. However, they’re a Play-in team for a reason. Same with Miami on the other side. At some point you’re going to be the team you’ve always been.
this whole narrative you made makes no sense lol. They were a play in because before the trade they record was horrible lol. After the trade(Lakers damn near whole new team) had the second best record in the league.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Yeah this is a much taller order this go round than it was in 2020. We had a much better big man rotation than we do now. At any point we could use Dwight, McGee, Kieff, AD, or even Bron for brief spells.

We don’t quite have that now. So we’ll need to be creative when it comes to planning for Joker. Last thing we need to do is assume this series will be easy just because this Nuggets team hasn’t won a title yet.
I kinda forgot just how talented that 2020 Nuggets team was.

Jermani Gran was better offesnviely than Gordon. And defensively (back then) wasnt as a slouch. They had Plumlee off the bench as a big, Monte Morris shot really well vs the Lakers. It just helped that Milsap and Gary Harris were awful that series. Ironically KCP was the Lakers 3rd leading scorer. So they've upgraded their defense with Gordon and KCP. Gordon and Brown dont shoot a ton of 3s and Brown is shooting really poor.

I wouldnt be shocked if they dare Gordon to keep shooting that well and just not defend Bruce Brown 3s. And is Bron/Klutch too inside KCP's head? Is he too hyped for a revenge game or is he too friendly cause his career is now different since going to Klutch.

Need a couple of their role players to shoot awful and Dennis, DLO, etc to keep improving.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Can the Lakers actually compete with the Nuggets or is this a soon to be gentleman’s sweep? I don’t see how the Lakers can contain Jokic Murray and MPJ.

• Haha
Reactions: No1

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
I think Denver gonna take a L. The biggest difference I think is

this whole narrative you made makes no sense lol. They were a play in because before the trade they record was horrible lol. After the trade(Lakers damn near whole new team) had the second best record in the league.
The type of bullshyt nikkas be saying without checking their reasoning is wild :russ:
Like the way this team is constructed right now is not=7th seed
This is a way way wayyyy higher seeded team shyt it may very well be a #1 or 2 at the very least

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
The 5:30 start time is absolute bullshyt. They're doing that for the finals this year too