The Joker Seeks The King's Trouble For The First Time Since The Bubble! | Official Lakers (#7) vs. Nuggets (#1) WCF Thread

WHO GOES TO THE NBA FINALS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

T.he I.nformant

1st Ballot HOF Teller
Daps
Reppin
Wherever nikkas need to be told on
During my time of watching basketball going back to the early 90s there had never been a Nuggets team good enough to seriously contend.

Until 2009 when we had Melo and Billups leading the way. We were maybe a couple of inbound plays away from being in great position to pull off the upset (we would’ve swept the fukk outta the Magic; fukk you George Karl for not having inbound plays and fukk you Trevor Ariza for what you did to us…twice)—we lost that WCF 2-4. To the Lakers.

Then 2020 in the Bubble (the year we lost Kobe, RIP), the core of this current group wasn’t quite ready (I still have nightmares flashbacks of AD hitting that clutch game-winning 3 in game 2 which shifted the momentum in that series from which we weren’t able to recover)—we lost that WCF 1-4. Again to the Lakers.

We lost the 1985 WCF too. To who? You guessed it, the muthafukking Lakers.

We’ve been to the conference finals 4 times and been eliminated by the Lakers 3 of those times. They have had us in hell.

And they’ve been the team to end our season on other occasions too. They beat us in 7 in the opening round in 2012. They swept us in the first round of 2008 and 1987. I looked back before I was born and they even beat us in the first round of 1979. We have never beat these muthafukkas when it matters. This is sports trauma. This is hell.

And here we are again.

These muthafukkas are in the way again. :damn:

Through the fire we go. :wow:

Other than winning the first chip in team history, nothing would give me greater satisfaction as a fan than to see the Nuggets beat the dogshyt out of the Lakers and if we can’t do that I just want to figure out a way to be the first team to get to 4 by any means necessary.

These muthafukkas have tormented me for years. It’s time for some getback. :whoo:

To beat one of the most storied franchises in all of sports would be a dream come true. To beat a Lakers team led by Bron for the opportunity to play in the Finals would be oh so sweet. It would exorcise the demons. It would create a basketball memory that I would cherish forever.

And don’t let these casuals tell you the Nuggets are a 1 seed and the Lakers are a play-in team so we’re the favorites. That’s bullshyt. Their seed doesn’t reflect the team they have. And there’s a bigger context to this. They’ve had their foot on our necks for decades. They have a GOAT over there. They’ve had many GOATs over there. They are Goliath’s army. They are the dark side of the force. They are the army of the dead.

I don’t quite know how, when, or why it started. It feels like it’s always been in my DNA to hate the Lakers. Earliest memory is my rooting for MJ’s Bulls to beat Magic’s Lakers in the Finals. Although I have fond memories of some of those Nuggets teams in the 90s they were largely disappointments. They were so inept I found myself having backup teams to root for. And these muthafukkas would beat them too. In 2000, I loved the Blazers and it broke my heart and I broke my damn remote when Kobe threw that fukking oop to Shaq on that iconic play in the waning moments of Game 7. Beyond that, I can still feel the fear seeing Kobe late with the game on the line. Kobe catching a long outlet going behind the back to evade the defender and then reverse dunking on the other side of the rim. Styling on us. Embarrassing us.

I celebrate every season where they are not hoisting the Larry O’Brien championship trophy. That is a sports holiday for me.

So many of the game’s greatest players have worn that purple and gold: Elgin, Mikan, West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Shaq, Kobe, Bron. Low-key makes me sick. Some of it is organic with players being drafted there. Some of it is muthafukkas forcing their way there. They all seem to want to be apart of that lore and legacy.

These muthafukkas have won 17 championships. 17! I just want 1. :wow:

It’s like 100-1 Lakers fans compared to Nuggets fans in the seum. Look at all these muthafukkas in the OP. And there’s plenty more on the sidelines with their purple and gold pom poms stomping around in some ugly Bron sneakers. I’ma set it off properly. This is how we gon do this—fukk the Lakers! fukk Bron! fukk AD! fukk the Lakers as a team, franchise, organization, fanbase, and as a muthafukking crew. And if you wanna be down with the Lakers fukk you too! Bron dikkriders, fukk you too! Jokic haters, fukk you too! To the muthafukkas from Denver who will go to Ball Arena to cheer them when they score, fukk you too. LWO as a whole, fukk you too! All y’all muthafukkas, fukk you too, die slow! :pacspit:

Nuggs in 4!

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Denver
With who? :childplease:Jokic gon get his sure but they aren’t built much different than GS. Aaron Gordon isn’t ‘abusing’ Bron no time soon. MPJ is finesse. Murray is a problem but hey have Vando and now Walker to throw at him
The nuggets don’t play basketball like this. They move the ball around and Jokic finds them the best shot possible. If the lakers try too hard to take away something, he’ll make them pay. Hell post up AD, find cutters and hit AG in the dunker

Braman

Superstar
Daps
The nuggets don’t play basketball like this. They move the ball around and Jokic finds them the best shot possible. If the lakers try too hard to take away something, he’ll make them pay. Hell post up AD, find cutters and hit AG in the dunker
So in other words….they’ll score points. Like ok, great congrats

That’s not gon kill LA. The 3s will

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Real talk, I think LA might get thunderclapped this series. WHile they're defense is phenomenal I think their lack of reliable offensive weapons gonna catch up to them against a well-oiled machine like Denver.
:mjtf:

Dudes still sleeping on D Lo and reeves. They’ve been ballin

And ironically enough both these teams have similar scoring distribution

Jokic-AD
Murray-Bron
MPJ-DLo
Gordon-Reeves
KCP-Schroeder
Bruce- Rui

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
This series scares the shyt out of me. The Lakers offensive isn't consistent and Jokic is a walking all-time great offense on his own. Even with their great D I don't see them shutting Denver down enough to make up for their own inconsistent offense. Add in the Nuggets home court advantage and the altitude wearing the team down faster and this will be an uphill battle. Also with Murray stepping up the way they have the Nuggets have a pretty damn good supporting cast. They've been missing that second 25 ppg scorer to set the team up perfectly. My non-biased prediction is Nuggets in 6.

The Lakers best hope is to try and attack Jokic and try to get him in foul trouble but the Nuggets are smart enough defensively to keep him from being iso'd by often hard trapping to get the ball away which buys them time to free Jokic back up.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Like all Lakers games this year, it's gonna come down to AD.

You know what you're gonna get from Bron.

Offensively and defensively AD is a MENACE. If AD stays healthy, Lakers win pretty easily.

That's a big IF though.

AD’s durability and LBJ’s stamina are my greatest concern for this series…no dame

Daps
With who? :childplease:Jokic gon get his sure but they aren’t built much different than GS. Aaron Gordon isn’t ‘abusing’ Bron no time soon. MPJ is finesse. Murray is a problem but hey have Vando and now Walker to throw at him
You sound like you haven't watched one Nuggets game this season.

They're a completely different team to GS, in nearly every way.

Jokic isn't a "he gonna get his" type of player. It's not like they're going up against KD where it's an isolated component to the rest of the team. He feeds everyone, so if he's dominating, you best believe everyone else on the floor with him is likely dominating too, well, more often than not. For the Lakers to win they have to limit his effectiveness, there's no two ways about it.

The Lakers had the recipe back in 2020 by wearing him down with multiple big men, but not only is Jokic a better player now but the Lakers don't have a Dwight and a JaVale to throw at him.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Real talk, I think LA might get thunderclapped this series. WHile they're defense is phenomenal I think their lack of reliable offensive weapons gonna catch up to them against a well-oiled machine like Denver.
Denver's defense is worse than GS. Lakers offense should cook. The challenge will be on the other side of the ball