The Internet Is The Reason Video Games Suck

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
The internet did not ruin games, but too much of anything spoils the bunch...
The only things hurting videogames are microtransactions and stuff being cut out to be sold as DLC, aka corporate greed.

The only way "internet" has hurt videogames is making lazy publishers release unfinished games to have them patched later.
I've heard that talking point but it's really as lazy as the developers you blindly blame :ufdup: see, when you repeat internet narratives :stop: you forget that maybe videogames didn't ship finished even before the internet. Then you end with superman64. And while that is a famous example it's not the only example of an unfinished game...
people don't talk about it because it won't happen
You ever hear the saying history repeats itself, and that you have to know the past so you don't make the same mistakes? Do you know why the gaming industry collapsed in the early 80's? You don't Mr mod because ignorance is bliss for you muthafukkaz :upsetfavre:
Read and learn...
Gaming industry collapse
The crash was attributed to several factors, including market saturation in the number of game consoles and available games, and waning interest in console games in favor of personal computers. Revenues peaked at around $3.2 billion in 1983, then fell to around $100 million by 1985 (a drop of almost 97 percent).
Now you know :ufdup:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
You ever hear the saying history repeats itself, and that you have to know the past so you don't make the same mistakes? Do you know why the gaming industry collapsed in the early 80's?
The state of the industry in the 80s is not the same as the state of the industry now so its not really a useful comparison.

The only real "threat" to gaming is rising development costs for AAA games not being able to be as easily reimbursed by the average consumer as before since the price of games has hardly gone up but the cost to make them has and a lot of consumers will only cop the main product (if even that) and ignore any future cashflow to the company (dlcs, season passes etc.). This may cause some companies to chase the casual market who are much more lenient.

Even then, most gaming companies are still doing fine.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
[QUOTE="TheGodling, post: 32199531, member: 11091"]The only things hurting videogames are microtransactions and stuff being cut out to be sold as DLC, aka corporate greed.

The only way "internet" has hurt videogames is making lazy publishers release unfinished games to have them patched later.[/QUOTE]

That and the fact that games are also being released not completed.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The only things hurting videogames are microtransactions and stuff being cut out to be sold as DLC, aka corporate greed.

The only way "internet" has hurt videogames is making lazy publishers release unfinished games to have them patched later.

That and the fact that games are also being released not completed.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Best gen for gaming yet.... i also love playing classics that i grew up on.. but some of that stuff is nostalgia goggles. I almost set my television on fire last night playing NBA JAM TE, can't believe I how bad it's aged.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
The state of the industry in the 80s is not the same as the state of the industry now so its not really a useful comparison.

How is that not comparable to this..
Gaming industry collapse
The crash was attributed to several factors, including market saturation in the number of game consoles and available games, and waning interest in console games in favor of personal computers. Revenues peaked at around $3.2 billion in 1983, then fell to around $100 million by 1985 (a drop of almost 97 percent).
It's literally identical :snoop:
The only real "threat" to gaming is rising development costs for AAA games not being able to be as easily reimbursed by the average consumer as before since the price of games has hardly gone up but the cost to make them has and a lot of consumers will only cop the main product (if even that) and ignore any future cashflow to the company (dlcs, season passes etc.). They may cause some companies to chase the casual market who are much more lenient.

Even then, most gaming companies are still doing fine.
1.) You say prices have gone up to make a Game but the price to sell hasn't. You think the prices was based on cost or greed bruh bruh? Also, the industry has grown so they sell way more now than ever before, you forgot to factor that in. Its kinda important :francis:

You then mentioned people not buying into the dlc scam and acted as if that factors :mjlol: finally the most gaming companies are doing fine proves that you are clueless to what's happening in the gaming industry. Dumbest comment I've heard this year :yeshrug:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
How is that not comparable to this..
It's literally identical :snoop:
the industry isnt currently oversaturated with consoles or games, and console games havent massively fallen off in interest. the ps4 is one of the highest selling consoles ever and is a modern console

You then mentioned people not buying into the dlc scam and acted as if that factors :mjlol: finally the most gaming companies are doing fine proves that you are clueless to what's happening in the gaming industry. Dumbest comment I've heard this year :yeshrug:

A lot more games are going the constant update route instead of 1 and done and need ways to finance the support. its easier to get whales in more casual markets. A AAA game flopping could endanger any game studio but many continue to operate in this landscape and create memorable experiences.

it seems like you are just being contrarian to be honest

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
the industry isnt currently oversaturated with consoles or games, and console games havent massively fallen off in interest. the ps4 is one of the highest selling consoles ever and is a modern console
The sales of consoles has little to do with the sales of games (in context) because a game can still flop on ps4. Would you like me to run some names for you? How about I one up that and post Companies that closed shop. Here's an incomplete list of Sony studios that was forced to close THIS GEN...
  • Game Republic - Genji series, Folklore, Dark Mist, Toy Home
  • Incognito Entertainment - Twisted Metal series, Warhawk
  • Relentless SoftwareBuzz! series
  • Bigbig StudiosPursuit Force series
  • Zipper InteractiveSOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs series, MAG, Unit 13
  • SCE Studio LiverpoolWipeout, F1
  • LightBox InteractiveStarhawk
  • Eat Sleep PlayTwisted Metal, Calling All Cars!
  • SuperBot Entertainment - PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
I feel like you're being a contrarian :ld:
A lot more games are going the constant update route instead of 1 and done and need ways to finance the support. its easier to get whales in more casual markets. A AAA game flopping could endanger any game studio but many continue to operate in this landscape and create memorable experiences.

it seems like you are just being contrarian to be honest
So how much they charging for updates :stopitslime: Microsoft providers free servers and free technical support to any third party but I like your version better. The only time I ever heard of updates being a budget issue is for budget titles that blew up faster than the devs ever imagined. The AAA titles you speak of are not from all new experiences. Can't wait to play Pong: Battle Royalë :yawn: