The Internet Has Spoken: Xbox One Reveal Is Officially TRASH!!!!

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Xbox One violating European LAW

:: Any recording devices/viewing devices (e.g webcams) have to have the option of being turned off in the EU, otherwise it violates the law. So kinect will be always on?

:: Another issue is with selling used game.

An author of software cannot oppose the resale of his 'used' licences allowing the use of his programs downloaded from the internet," the ruling read. The exclusive right of distribution covered by a license is "exhausted on its first sale"

A customer's has the right to sell any content or device that they have legally purchased without restriction. So a used fee or limiting the re-sellers violates this doesn't it? I mean say your not actually selling it but giving it away for fee to your friend. Your friend has to pay an online fee to microsoft? Then that's already restricting.

There probably other issues that I have missed, but feel free to add to the discussion.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Although I was initially impressed by the reveal im now going to wait until e3 to see what games are coming before I reserve judgment. I don't care about kinect at all but the used games thing needs more clarification. Im not one to rush to judgment without knowing all of the facts 1st.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Wii U sales rank jumps 875% after Xbox reveal on Amazon UK | Wii U

"It seems I’m not the only one who feels Microsoft’s Xbox One reveal was less than stellar, as customers in the UK have been snapping up the Wii U console ever since. Before the conference began the console had a sales rank of #390 on Amazon’s UK site. Shortly afterward, the Wii U skyrocketed up to #40 on the online retailer’s list. That’s a huge jump for a single event that had absolutely nothing to do with the console.

Microsoft achieved what price cuts weren’t able to do, as it got UK customers to purchase a Wii U. Those of you who believed the title on my opinion piece was misleading yesterday now have proof that Microsoft is indeed selling the Wii U better than Nintendo has so far.

Thanks to everyone who sent this in!"

:mjpls:
Take dat microlost
:heh:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Xbox One violating European LAW

:: Any recording devices/viewing devices (e.g webcams) have to have the option of being turned off in the EU, otherwise it violates the law. So kinect will be always on?

:: Another issue is with selling used game.

An author of software cannot oppose the resale of his 'used' licences allowing the use of his programs downloaded from the internet," the ruling read. The exclusive right of distribution covered by a license is "exhausted on its first sale"

A customer's has the right to sell any content or device that they have legally purchased without restriction. So a used fee or limiting the re-sellers violates this doesn't it? I mean say your not actually selling it but giving it away for fee to your friend. Your friend has to pay an online fee to microsoft? Then that's already restricting.

There probably other issues that I have missed, but feel free to add to the discussion.

This.

That's why I have always said that the no used games thing would be the death of a console. The consumer has the option to ALWAYS enter the resale market, hell everything on the planet can go on the resell market BUT digital goods which to me is stupid. If I cop a physical disc that's NOT a digital good and thus should NOT fall under the same stipulations as digital goods. DRM is the most money hungry, insipid, vapid, demonic practice in all of digital entertainment.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
How is microsoft going to work around European LAW.

I guess PS4 will be the console of choice in Europe.

Xbox One is going to flop so hard.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This.

That's why I have always said that the no used games thing would be the death of a console. The consumer has the option to ALWAYS enter the resale market, hell everything on the planet can go on the resell market BUT digital goods which to me is stupid. If I cop a physical disc that's NOT a digital good and thus should NOT fall under the same stipulations as digital goods. DRM is the most money hungry, insipid, vapid, demonic practice in all of digital entertainment.
You aint lyin bruh. I just dont understand how the stanning can be so strong with these Xbots that they overlook laws built on common sense on another continent and say *i dont see a problem with that* in America. These xbots really think its ok for these corporations to double dip on sales. Even though they sold you a game, they still own it? fukk outta here and fukk the Xbox One.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You got xbots on here on some America fukk yea type steeze. Ive heard xbots on this very board say *well who cares about other countries* Dont you want as many people playing on a console built around social networking as possible? You gonna be seein the same players on every game you pick up from MicroLosts system.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Alot game developers on twitter are trashing it.

Indie developers opinion on Xbox One reveal

Provinciano summed it best with: "They're preaching TV services to gamers and gamer press, the exact group of people who will be least receptive to it. Microsoft's direction isn't in line with E3, it's in line with CES."

:deadrose:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
More Indie thoughts on this trash system.

Brian Provinciano, Vblank Entertainment

"Their intention from the first Xbox was to own the living room, and the evolution of the 360 showed this trajectory in motion. The Xbox One is them realizing this vision. The problem is, they're leaving core gamers behind. You would've thought that the reaction to their E3 2012 press conference would've been a wake up call, but they're on a different course. They see more money in general entertainment, media and ads than core gamers. They see dollar signs with subscription fees. They want the revenue stream that cable providers and phone carriers have been enjoying. I'm certain that the Xbox One will launch with the base price plus a 2 - 3 year contract. The unfortunate thing about this is that many consumers will be fooled by the lower price point, even though they'll end up paying more in the long run.

"They're preaching TV services to gamers and gamer press, the exact group of people who will be least receptive to it. Microsoft's direction isn't in line with E3, it's in line with CES.

"Despite delaying their announcement a month, they still failed to capitalize on the opportunity to recalibrate after the PS4 announcement. I'm quite surprised by how limited their attempts were to one-up the PS4.

"Prior to this conference, I was expecting that at least during the E3 presentation, Microsoft would pander to indies in some way. They remain the only platform which prevents self-publishing. I wouldn't expect anything other than just talk from them, but I was expecting them to address indies nonetheless. However, after this, I could see them leaving indies out completely. After all, they have their eye on the average consumer, not the core gamer. Average consumers aren't as versed in the 'indie' game scene."

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Number 1 on Amazon Wishlist, Reveal was trash no games was shown e3 it will be fine