'The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes' | Official Trailer | Lionsgate [11/17]

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Y’all are trippin. The book was dope. I’m excited to see the movie.

I'm so mad that there's a book! I had no idea. I was a huge Hunger Games book trilogy fan, but after the third book I thought the series was over and I never checked for Collins again. I can't believe I missed the launch of a prequel lol. I must have been seriously distracted. I think I'm going to read it even though I saw the movie because the movie was pretty damn good.

DaKidFromNoWhere

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Tar Heel State
Ugh, I read through the comments, and wow, people are really mad at her for those comments? For all the talk about cancel culture and people being snowflakes, when celebs have an opinion they don't like they get all triggered and want to cancel them.
Like I said doing her like Brie lol
And can't front like this site isn't guilty of the same thing right?

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I read the book and thought they left out a lot of shyt but as a movie it’s enjoyable.
Figured that. i loved the first book and movie, liked Catching Fire book a lot less, but liked the movie more than the book. I hated the Mockingjay book, but liked Pt 2 in the movie.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm so mad that there's a book! I had no idea. I was a huge Hunger Games book trilogy fan, but after the third book I thought the series was over and I never checked for Collins again. I can't believe I missed the launch of a prequel lol. I must have been seriously distracted. I think I'm going to read it even though I saw the movie because the movie was pretty damn good.
Aw man. Definitely read the book.
I haven't seen the movie yet but the book is great.
Without spoiling too much, it's a romantic tragedy that does a really good job of setting up a downward spiral while filling in some nice back story details.
The books are all written for a teen audience but it always surprised me a bit how they toned down the movies. The books had a bit more violence throughout and some disturbing elements that I feel like didn't need to be removed for the movie for the sake of a run time. Some things I understand but others could have definitely fit within the time constraints.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Aw man. Definitely read the book.
I haven't seen the movie yet but the book is great.
Without spoiling too much, it's a romantic tragedy that does a really good job of setting up a downward spiral while filling in some nice back story details.
The books are all written for a teen audience but it always surprised me a bit how they toned down the movies. The books had a bit more violence throughout and some disturbing elements that I feel like didn't need to be removed for the movie for the sake of a run time. Some things I understand but others could have definitely fit within the time constraints.
Yeah I can tell the book must be good because the movie has stuck with me. I can't wait to see the inside of Snow's head because I think the movie only hinted at some of his narcissism and calculations. It's one of those things that's hard to depict. Sometimes on screen, I couldn't tell if his feelings were genuine or not.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yeah I can tell the book must be good because the movie has stuck with me. I can't wait to see the inside of Snow's head because I think the movie only hinted at some of his narcissism and calculations. It's one of those things that's hard to depict. Sometimes on screen, I couldn't tell if his feelings were genuine or not.
In the book they were genuine which made the turn more poetic. The book had elements that were almost heartbreaking to me as the reader. Like I said, it’s a story for teens so I think it’s a little too surface level for many adults. the writing never dives directly into the agony of betrayal, or spends a lot of time exploring the intricacies of characters motives; a lot of it is “this happened because of that” style of writing, which can be a turn off to an older audience but I still appreciate it for what it is.

I read quite a bit so the hunger games series was a welcome non-challenging read that I breezed through in about 2 - 3 weeks with light reading here and there. Not everything has to be 1,000+ page read like my favorite book The Counte Of Monte Cristo which was full of complex writing.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
This movie was actually damn good

Watching the snow heel turn was great

I vaguely remembering reading the trilogy years ago