The Honorable President Barack Obama Lectures TLR on Lack of Black Male Voter Enthusiasm for Kamala

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Uh.... look in the link you dropped.....then look what I said about trump and recounts and put 2 and 2 together. :mjlol: u r not srs.
The link says the top Democratic candidates in 2020 were:

1. Joe biden
2. Bernie sanders
3. Elizabeth warren
4. Michael bloomberg
5. Pete buttiegieg
6. Amy klobuchar
7. Tulsi Gabbard
8. Tom steyer

How and why would they pick Kamala harris then blame black when she’s losing?

the bossman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast D.C.
No population votes higher in elections per capita than Black people here in the US. So enough with this idea that we deserve to be admonished for not participating enough, when we participate in the election system higher than any other ethnicity.

The black voter turnout has been falling over the past couple elections. Not entirely black men or people's fault either. A good bit of that due to the SCOTUS Shelby decision in 2013 which gave republicans the greenlight to legally install all type of bs laws to make it harder for black people to vote. The point is when you see how close the last few elections have been, then it's critical that every black eligible voter comes out and votes. Black people voting 90% democrat won't matter if all the eligible numbers aren't there.

According to the group’s report, the turnout gap between Black and white voters in those former Section 5 counties has grown by 11 percentage points since the Shelby decision, between 2012 and 2022. The study relied on nearly one billion voter files to estimate that, had the decision never occurred, the white-Black turnout gap would have nevertheless grown, but by just six percentage points.

Though that difference may appear small, the study’s authors contend that such gaps are “potentially huge” in modern politics:
Since 2012, at least 62 elections for Senate, governor and president in states with Section 5 counties were decided by under five percentage points.
“Obviously, it matters from a moral standpoint, but it also matters because the margins are significant, particularly given how close elections are around the country,” said Kareem Crayton, a senior director for voting rights and representation at the Brennan Center.

After the Shelby decision, state legislatures across the country passed an array of new voting restrictions, including new voter ID laws, and they purged hundreds of thousands of names from voter rolls. But turnout is affected by a number of things, including the time it takes to vote and other motivational factors like close races or polarizing candidates, making for an imprecise statistic for trying to measure the affect of those laws, many argue. And the impact of the Supreme Court decision in 2013 was far wider than simply new voting laws; any number of voting procedures such as changing polling locations or cleaning voter rolls were no longer subject to federal approval.

The study identified a significant racial turnout gap nationwide, beyond the counties previously covered by Section 5.
In the 2020 election, 9.3 million more people would have voted if nonwhite voters had participated at the same rate as white voters. In the 2022 midterms, that total would have been 13.9 million ballots.
The gap persisted across education and income lines. Though turnout drops across all racial and ethnic lines in lower-income communities, poorer white voters still turn out at a higher rate than their nonwhite peers, according to the study.
The widening turnout gap is a “big deal,” said Jake Grumbach, a professor of policy at the University of California, Berkeley. “Democratic institutions in the U.S. were getting healthier since 1965. And this is the first time the trend has reversed, really, in the post civil rights era. And so I think that’s the damaging point.”

Last edited:

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
Yes, and my statement still stands. There are going to be people in there that are undecided and wants to see what Barrack has to say.
You did not answer my question though. What would compel an undecided man to support Obama's position after he insulted him with finger wagging?

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I did not imply shyt dumb toothless cracka.

I said low income Black people would benefit.

Yes you did. You do realize black people in america are of different income brackets. Not all of us are low income, you dumb bytch. Just like all white people arent middle class or rich. Just like there are plenty of two parent black family households with kids. You in here talking on the wrong foot and your ass will get checked on it on some accept this disrespectful lowball shyt. Im ready to give you shills a lesson today on respect since you dont know what that is.

Last edited:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
as a black man, saying as a black man, in context, is insane. right. sad thing is thats not even the most absurd rhetoric being flown

My stance isn't absurd at all. You've been on this site, of all places, for 12 years and are oblivious to the whole "as a black man" Internet shyt?

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The black voter turnout has been falling over the past couple elections. Not entirely black men or people's fault either. A good bit of that due to the SCOTUS Shelby decision in 2013 which gave republicans the greenlight to legally install all type of bs laws to make it harder for black people to vote. The point is when you see how close the last few elections have been, then it's critical that every black eligible voter comes out and votes.

Wasn't turnout for Hillary extremely low compared to Biden? Who I think benefited from the pandemic. I think turnout is gonna sink again for Kamala due to the anger of a huge portion of the electorate. The couch will snag tons of protest votes along with third party candidates.

Uachet

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Self-Sufficiency
The black voter turnout has been falling over the past couple elections. Not entirely black men or people's fault either. A good bit of that due to the SCOTUS Shelby decision in 2013 which gave republicans the greenlight to legally install all type of bs laws to make it harder for black people to vote. The point is when you see how close the last few elections have been, then it's critical that every black eligible voter comes out and votes.

First, I have stated many times I am voting for Kamala for the particular reason of her maybe having a chance to replace 2 old Justices. Outside of that, I do not expect anything from her and I definitely do not accept any slander about my brothers by her supporters. If you want to get more undecided voters to participate, you tell them directly in a serious tone what is in it for them, and why it is important your candidate wins. You don't finger wag and admonish people, expecting them to turn around and then be suitably ashamed and vote the way you desire them.

He could have spoke to the issues, spoke to the importance of making the Supreme court more balanced, spoke about the laws being put in place to hinder voting. Then he could have thanked them for their support and asked them to please spread this information among others they know. Instead, he choose to talk down about Black men to Black men who are already Kamala supporters.