The Hobbit The Desolation Of Smaug Discussion Thread

Theabbot

#DemBootymeats
Daps
Reppin
Duuuuuvaaaaal!!
I just got back from seeing a second viewing in SFR (standard). I cannot believe how big of a difference in quality it is from the HFR. Those of you who didn't see it in HFR are doing yourselves a major dishonor.

southsideblk

A D@mn Freshmen again
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
at the time i just started laughing cuz everybody in the theater was like that :lolbron:....but when u really think about it, its kinda dope :ld:

They did that with LOTR, I'm not even sure why people wasn't expecting it this time around. IMO, the combo of smaugh flying off saying "I am fire, I am death" and bilbo replying "what have we done"...was genius. Gives you that sense of shyt just got real. :demonic:

On another note, I don't really get down with folk music, but that "I see fire" joint that came on after the last scene was piff, straight icing on that cake .

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
so did Bilbo get the arkenstone?

btw

In the book Bilbo steals the arkenstone and goes out with the ring to give the arkenstone to Bard and the Elvenking to try to avoid war between the dwarf army and the elves/men

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps
In the book Bilbo steals the arkenstone and goes out with the ring to give the arkenstone to Bard and the Elvenking to try to avoid war between the dwarf army and the elves/men

Damn. Why would he do that!? :mindblown:

Wall

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Hong Kong
Damn. Why would he do that!? :mindblown:

because the elves and men of laketown feel some of the treasure is owed to their people too but the dwarves esp thorin are greedy n wont give up any. Bilbo has the arkenstone hidden and knows its a good bargaining chip to work between the elves and thorin because they are about to go to war with each other over the treasure

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Just rewatched this and it’s still amazing. SMAUG is hands down the KING of all movie dragons. His shyt talking was on another level and he conceited. He knew he was a god.

Some of the best special effects we’ve seen to date.

Excellent stunt work.