The HBCU Analytics Thread

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Good drop here, amazingly this somewhat correlates to the rankings on The Coli.

I see Alcorn is representing very well on the ACT which is what most MS students take.
:salute:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Median Test Scores at HBCUs

hbcu-median-sat.png

hbcu-median-act.png

For @Suge Shot Me as well as @get these nets @BigAggieLean. @Anerdyblackguy @Rollie Forbes @MostReal @DropTopDoc

I graphed the median SAT and ACT scores by HBCUs as requested. Top for SAT is Howard, bottom is Wilberforce. Spelman is #2 for SAT and #3 for ACT. Fisk surprises by making a really strong showing---Fisk actually has the #2 SAT math scores for all HBCUs too. They also have a larger variance on their SAT math so 25% of Fisk students are scoring above 680 in math....so likely 1 of 5 is between 700-800 in math which is pretty dope.

Note Morehouse only reports ACT so are only on that chart. Also about half of HBCUs don't report scores so that is why only 50 are here.

What years are these stats comprised of

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Cool to see A&T in the top half. I know I got in A&T with a 22 ACT score, and I had to be accepted into A&T and the A&T engineering program.
Good drop here, amazingly this somewhat correlates to the rankings on The Coli.

I see Alcorn is representing very well on the ACT which is what most MS students take.
:salute:

Yep. Went to high school in Mississippi, and I took the ACT. The schools I was interested in wasn’t requiring the SAT, so I didn’t take it.