The Hawks Spread Their Wings in the Garden...Pause: New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks Series Thread

Who wins

• Knicks in 4

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Knicks in 5

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Knicks in 6

Votes: 51 31.3%
  • Knicks in 7

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • Hawks in 4

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Hawks in 5

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • Hawks in 6

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • Hawks in 7

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Julius is gonna put up 40+ tomorrow.

Maybe he almost averaged that against us this season but we’ll see what happens.

I liked the matchup defensively of Hunter on Randle. He hadn’t really seen Hunter a lot this year so that was definitely something different. I think Randle will definitely play better but will Burks play that well again? How will Noel play after getting banged up?

If we play our regular game we’ll win convincingly on Wednesday

iamduval

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe he almost averaged that against us this season but we’ll see what happens.

I liked the matchup defensively of Hunter on Randle. He hadn’t really seen Hunter a lot this year so that was definitely something different. I think Randle will definitely play better but will Burks play that well again? How will Noel play after getting banged up?

Hunter guards him well but individual match ups don’t matter in the playoffs because you can always switch hunt.

Knicks are gonna switch hunt trae and trap him heavy on defense. Role players play better at home. This series will be a chess match.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

I think Burks will be solid, but he definitely ain't going off like yesterday. Julius will rebound. If the Knicks lose the next game, this might end up as a gentlemen's sweep. :lupe:

a 7 game series would be dope tho.

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
I think Burks will be solid, but he definitely ain't going off like yesterday. Julius will rebound. If the Knicks lose the next game, this might end up as a gentlemen's sweep. :lupe:

a 7 game series would be dope tho.

I’m expecting Burks and Quickley to play well again. I expect Bullock to bounce back too. Julius will play better. This is gonna be the biggest game of their season on Wednesday, we gotta be ready for a battle b/c al of their guys are gonna play a lot better

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stephen a just said what I been sayin

:obama: thibs has to take EP out a the line up now and have D Gawd start :sas2:

he said the Lettin EP play through BS mental ssues x form slump, or whatever it is .....

ain't for now:whoo:

u deal wit that shxt In the off szn:sas1:

I dont see any lies told ..

I'd start burkes or rose .. probably Burkes ,

Worse case scenario start frank and make him b a crash test dummies just to apply some real defensive pressure early and get in his kids head burn a few fouls , dont give him any looks :manny:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
E2JtUMEWEAQ29wU

jeezus christ that headline is worse than my thread title :mjlol:

AVXL

Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL

He choosing violence huh, careful what you wish for Trae...

What are you talking about? :dwillhuh:

Y’all fans are the ones yelling FU to Trae...like why breh? There’s no real rivalry yet y’all fans were attacking him mercilessly. He’s not choosing violence breh, he’s talking shyt. BIG difference

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
I’m expecting Burks and Quickley to play well again. I expect Bullock to bounce back too. Julius will play better. This is gonna be the biggest game of their season on Wednesday, we gotta be ready for a battle b/c al of their guys are gonna play a lot better
I am expecting a tough great exciting game but the end result will be what I been saying. A sweep.

They don't have the horses. The Knicks got money, they got trade assets, they will have to do what we did, get your steal from an asset hungry team like we did with Capela. They gotta address that PG position. Rose can play both on and off guard. They need a PG who can run that bytch well while letting Randle be the primary ball handler.

Truth is, they need about three players
Lonzo Ball
Al Horford
A stud scoring guard like LeVine or D. Mitchell

They would be a top tier team. Too much is on Randle back. In the RS, that's fine but in the playoffs, they need a lot more horses. They also need a closer. Burks was excellent at this role last night but that's not dependable on a nightly basis. You need a real mfer. Someone that does it nightly.

They got a nice young core in R.J., IQ, Obi, and Randle. They need some more guys. I honestly would look to move picks and Robinson for a player like Lavine. They need a center who can communicate as well as have massive size. Maybe look into Steven Adams.

The biggest issues I see with the Knicks is higher end talent. The role players are fine.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
What are you talking about? :dwillhuh:

Y’all fans are the ones yelling FU to Trae...like why breh? There’s no real rivalry yet y’all fans were attacking him mercilessly. He’s not choosing violence breh, he’s talking shyt. BIG difference

1) no real rivalry, yet Hawkset been at KnicksTape necks for YEARS.

2) "choose violence" is a Twitter/social media joke when someone decides to say or do something that is going to cause an uproar. Not legit physical activity :snoop:

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
Breh, I realize anytime Trae gets a foul call, these nikkas will think it's a flop. At this point, it's just trolling.
He sells contact like every other player. It’s technically a flop but fukk it that’s the game they play. Plus a he a lil dude so it’s gonna get the call

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
SO they come off a timeout with .9sec left and they can't draw up a catch and shoot play off a screen or out the scrum? You cant lob a pass with under a second the person you catches it has to go up come back down then jump again takes too long...

Rose the only one with important game experience they afraid to take the big shot and get boood by the Garden...Not gonna work.

Bruh. It's 0.9 secs. How many times do you see shots being made with 0.9 secs on the clock? :gucci:
Literally everything has to go 100% right just for you to get a shot off in time (not even gonna talk about being able to get a GOOD shot off).
fukk is up with you casuals? :hhh:

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
He sells contact like every other player. It’s technically a flop but fukk it that’s the game they play. Plus a he a lil dude so it’s gonna get the call
I feel like Trae flops more than most, but ultimately if he’s getting the calls I can’t blame him. It’s on refs not to fall for that stuff. All across the board. If refs didn’t give players those calls, players wouldn’t try to get them

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I feel like Trae flops more than most, but ultimately if he’s getting the calls I can’t blame him. It’s on refs not to fall for that stuff. All across the board. If refs didn’t give players those calls, players wouldn’t try to get them

I understand drawing fouls is part of the game, but that foul they gave him near the end of the game (on RJ) seemed like bullshyt. He just lightly grazed him, off of contact he iniated. Like you said though, it's the refs job to officiate properly.