The Hawks Spread Their Wings in the Garden...Pause: New York Knicks vs. Atlanta Hawks Series Thread

Who wins

• Knicks in 4

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Knicks in 5

Votes: 18 11.0%
  • Knicks in 6

Votes: 51 31.3%
  • Knicks in 7

Votes: 23 14.1%
  • Hawks in 4

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Hawks in 5

Votes: 13 8.0%
  • Hawks in 6

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • Hawks in 7

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
My final review for the series. I had this series being Hawks in 5 but the media for NY didn't just put up bullitin board material, they fukking wrote a damn book of fukk shyt on us. I have Hawks in 4.

Why?

1. Offensively, Atlanta had nine players who can legit go off (All starters and four 2nd stringers (Lou, Kev, Gallo, and Big O) Snell being more of a role player who and score but doesn't really take a lot of shots ever. NY has only six (R.J., Randle, Rose, IQ, Burks, Bullock).

2. Offensively, you need a superstar on that end, Atlanta has Trae, I don't consider Randle to be one at all. He's averaging 23.1 per36. That's not really impressive. JC was averaging 23.4 for us per36 last year. While he has went off on the Hawks in the last couple of years, we never really went out of our way to gameplan for him if at all. We just make slight in game adjustments. He's not Trae where he's averaging 27/10 per36 where you gotta double team and triple team him but you can't with Bogi in the lineup without paying for it.

3. Defensively, the Knicks don't have no real studs. Noel is their best defender and a damn good one but he's not special and he's food against Capela. Atlanta has Capela and Hunter is special too when healthy. The Knicks remind me of a homeless man's version of my 60 win Hawks. We play a lot more mins than most times in terms of key players, we play harder and execute better than most but in reality, we aren't that good at all. We literally looked weak against Brooklyn who won less than 50% of their games by a lot. We could have lost the series against the Wizards and we got beat down by LeBron without Love or Kyrie in the WOAT fashion in NBA ECF history. This Knick team reminds me of them so much, it's insane but they are WAY worse than those Hawks. The Knicks play excellent team defense but a lot of that is due to rotating, size, and communication, not talent. In the NBA playoffs, you need talent, you want to stop teams' horsepower.

4. Knicks fans love dogging out Nate and it makes sense, he hasn't won a series since Seattle. He hasn't had a team overwhelming better than his opponent since 2009 POR/HOU and when he has outside of that series, he's won the matchups you expect him to win. That said, Nate hasn't been outcoached much with the Hawks, he has to keep it that way against Thibs who while not having the best history either always has gotten his teams when they fit his MO to play the right way.

5. Last the matchup overwhelming favor Atlanta.
Position Matchups. Agree or Disagree? Discuss.

Hawks point guards: Trae Young, Lou Williams
Knicks point guards: Elfrid Payton, Derrick Rose, Frank Ntilikina
Advantage: Hawks

Young is one of the best players in the league and arguably the best player in the series. That alone gives them the advantage here, but the Knicks do have the better bench at the point guard position with Rose, a finalist for Sixth Man of the Year.

Hawks shooting guards: Bogdan Bogdanovic, Kevin Huerter
Knicks shooting guards: Reggie Bullock, Immanuel Quickley

Bogdanovic turned into one of the NBA’s best shooters in the second half of the season with the Hawks implementing more off-ball movement in their offense. He also has the ability to create for others with the ball in his hands. Bullock shot 40 percent from 3 and is a good defender, so he’s no slouch and will have to be taken seriously as an offensive threat for the Knicks. While Quickley has impressed in his rookie season, I trust Huerter more than him coming off the bench.

Hawks small forwards: De’Andre Hunter, Tony Snell, Solomon Hill
Knicks small forwards: RJ Barrett, Alec Burks

If Hunter is fully healthy and playing like he was before he partially tore his meniscus, he could be the player who swings the series completely in favor of the Hawks. That’s how valuable he is. Barrett also showed considerable growth in his sophomore season, shooting 40 percent from 3 and being a solid defender. I do think Burks is a more valuable player than Snell, as Burks has shown the ability to take over for the Knicks in stretches.

Hawks power forwards: John Collins, Danilo Gallinari
Knicks power forwards: Julius Randle, Obi Toppin
Advantage: Knicks

Randle will get some top-five votes for MVP this season. While I don’t think he was one of the five best players, he clearly was one of the top 10/15 players this season and is the biggest reason the Knicks are the No. 4 seed. For that reason alone, the Knicks have to have the advantage here, even though Collins also is having a good season.

Hawks centers: Clint Capela, Onyeka Okongwu
Knicks centers: Nerlens Noel, Taj Gibson

Capela has completely transformed the Hawks’ defense and almost singlehandedly made them a competent unit on that end of the floor. His defense took a sizable leap from his Houston days, and that trade between the Rockets and Hawks continues to look like one of the most lopsided trades in recent history. Noel has done a good job stepping in for Mitchell Robinson, but he’s nowhere close to being as impactful as Capela. This position is arguably the biggest gap in talent for both teams.

What I will say is just because the Hawks have a 4-1 position advantage, at least in my estimation, that DOES NOT mean the series will be easy. Basketball goes much deeper than one-on-one positional matchups.

What the Knicks have in their favor is their physical play which has impacted us during the season when we don't bring it and the Knicks are best at it in the NBA by a mile, the media which is actually harming them right now, the NBA which wants the Knicks here but that doesn't mean much if you can't play, and bragging rights of winning the RS series 3-0.

I am expecting this to be a tough, physical, and fun to watch series regardless if you are not a fan of either fan. That said, I originally had Hawks with a gentlemen sweep in 5 games but the media unfortunately talked too much shyt in favor for NY, Hawks in 4. I don't expect to see any major blowouts but I don't expect any really close games either.

Knicks media will push for a superstar and an upgrade at the 1 and 5 at the end of the series. Knicks fans on this board will hide under a rock after all of the dumb shyt they were talking and I will be on their ass EVERY fukking day till the end of next season as well. I ain't letting up, I been bookmarking all of the bullshyt I've read from their fans and the media. I am so ready for this more than even the 2018 NBA Draft.

Henryflo1

All Star
Daps
My final review for the series. I had this series being Hawks in 5 but the media for NY didn't just put up bullitin board material, they fukking wrote a damn book of fukk shyt on us. I have Hawks in 4.

Why?

1. Offensively, Atlanta had nine players who can legit go off (All starters and four 2nd stringers (Lou, Kev, Gallo, and Big O) Snell being more of a role player who and score but doesn't really take a lot of shots ever. NY has only six (R.J., Randle, Rose, IQ, Burks, Bullock).

2. Offensively, you need a superstar on that end, Atlanta has Trae, I don't consider Randle to be one at all. He's averaging 23.1 per36. That's not really impressive. JC was averaging 23.4 for us per36 last year. While he has went off on the Hawks in the last couple of years, we never really went out of our way to gameplan for him if at all. We just make slight in game adjustments. He's not Trae where he's averaging 27/10 per36 where you gotta double team and triple team him but you can't with Bogi in the lineup without paying for it.

3. Defensively, the Knicks don't have no real studs. Noel is their best defender and a damn good one but he's not special and he's food against Capela. Atlanta has Capela and Hunter is special too when healthy. The Knicks remind me of a homeless man's version of my 60 win Hawks. We play a lot more mins than most times in terms of key players, we play harder and execute better than most but in reality, we aren't that good at all. We literally looked weak against Brooklyn who won less than 50% of their games by a lot. We could have lost the series against the Wizards and we got beat down by LeBron without Love or Kyrie in the WOAT fashion in NBA ECF history. This Knick team reminds me of them so much, it's insane but they are WAY worse than those Hawks. The Knicks play excellent team defense but a lot of that is due to rotating, size, and communication, not talent. In the NBA playoffs, you need talent, you want to stop teams' horsepower.

4. Knicks fans love dogging out Nate and it makes sense, he hasn't won a series since Seattle. He hasn't had a team overwhelming better than his opponent since 2009 POR/HOU and when he has outside of that series, he's won the matchups you expect him to win. That said, Nate hasn't been outcoached much with the Hawks, he has to keep it that way against Thibs who while not having the best history either always has gotten his teams when they fit his MO to play the right way.

What the Knicks have in their favor is their physical play which has impacted us during the season when we don't bring it and the Knicks are best at it in the NBA by a mile, the media which is actually harming them right now, the NBA which wants the Knicks here but that doesn't mean much if you can't play, and bragging rights of winning the RS series 3-0.

I am expecting this to be a tough, physical, and fun to watch series regardless if you are not a fan of either fan. That said, I originally had Hawks with a gentlemen sweep in 5 games but the media unfortunately talked too much shyt in favor for NY, Hawks in 4. I don't expect to see any major blowouts but I don't expect any really close games either.

Knicks media will push for a superstar and an upgrade at the 1 and 5 at the end of the series. Knicks fans on this board will hide under a rock after all of the dumb shyt they were talking and I will be on their ass EVERY fukking day till the end of next season as well. I ain't letting up, I been bookmarking all of the bullshyt I've read from their fans and the media. I am so ready for this more than even the 2018 NBA Draft.
fukk you and ya mama

NY's #1 Draft Pick

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Why?

:dead: You just wasted your time writing a whole bunch of bullshyt.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
You guys ready for tonight?

Knicks in 4 bytches
FFMAjn5.png

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
You guys ready for tonight?

Knicks in 4 bytches
FFMAjn5.png
LMAO.
Best player: Trae
Top 5 offensive players on both teams combine: Hawks got 4 of them.
Top 10: Hawks got 7 of them
Best defensive player: Capela
Best two defensive players: Hunter and Capela
Best shooter: Bogi

Y'all better hope for a win tonight or what's that, last time y'all won a playoff game May 16th in 2013 and it will be that till 2022 and likely longer.

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
LMAO.

Y'all better hope for a win tonight or what's that, last time y'all won a playoff game May 16th in 2013 and it will be that till 2022 and likely longer.
:gucci: I used to think those Laker fakkits were the most delusional stan base on The Coli but you Atlanta nikkas are something else.

TOAD99

Veteran
Daps
LMAO.

FFMAjn5.png
Season sweep