The Handmaid's Tale (Hulu)- Season 3

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
fukk this show is rough but I can't stop watching

:francis:Breh I'm trying too hard. Praises be I'm trying to get through this damn show but it just seems like eternal plotholes after another:dwillhuh:. I find myself intrigued by the flashbacks than the present day future shyt. It just seems like I seen the main character getting fukked more than my time watching this damn show. Almost at the end of season 1 but it's miserable going towards the end with this show:beli:

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Just started season 3, this show is the definition of mid. It tries to do the slow burn but lags too much, for a much better slow burn watch better call saul.
At this point, I just want to finish what I started :yeshrug:.

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
Does anybody else contemplate whether they could wife Elisabeth Moss?:lolbron:

Most times she looks haggard in them close ups :scust:

But in the flashbacks :ehh:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Interesting premise, but the plot lags, shouldn't revolve around just Offred, and should focus more on how they got to where they're at. Like they have Gwen Stefani songs and Twitter pre Civil War, so I'm assuming it's post 2009, but in what seems to be less the span of 10 years, fertility rates fall to ELE levels (i know they were falling pre civil war), a civil war happened AND ended, cities are repaired, and a whole puritan caste system is established...I hate blatant exposition, but this leaves a lot to be imagined. I'm on season 2 episode 8 with my girl, and I'm barely hanging on.

I'm trying to avoid Wikipediaing the whole story, because it's just slow.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
Interesting premise, but the plot lags, shouldn't revolve around just Offred, and should focus more on how they got to where they're at. Like they have Gwen Stefani songs and Twitter pre Civil War, so I'm assuming it's post 2009, but in what seems to be less the span of 10 years, fertility rates fall to ELE levels (i know they were falling pre civil war), a civil war happened AND ended, cities are repaired, and a whole puritan caste system is established...I hate blatant exposition, but this leaves a lot to be imagined. I'm on season 2 episode 8 with my girl, and I'm barely hanging on.

I'm trying to avoid Wikipediaing the whole story, because it's just slow.

I never came back after season 1. My girl seemed pissed at the end of season 3. She was ranting to me about it. All I could do was make the :sas1: face

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
I just watched the first episode and this just feels like white women victimisation fantasy.

Is it worth sticking with this or should I bail whilst I got the chance

Jblaze204

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Uptown NY
white women victimisation fantasy
Pretty much sums this show up. Found it to be a drag to get through. The show doesn't go in too heavy on how the government was brought down and how the Giliead operates which is the most interesting to be honest. Its all from the viewpoint of the woman.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
They lost me in season 3, I still haven't finished it. First 2 seasons were interested, I like the concept and the flashbacks to where society transitioned to this way of living.. but the characters are pretty bland to me and I realized I wasn't really rooting for or against anyone in particular