The Halo: CE Tips & Guide Thread

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
I watched a few of those videos above and the leading shots for the pistol helped. I thought they were hitscan like the other games. I'm not comfortable enough to be doing nade tricks to get weapons or for other things. The timer thing seems to be like an unfair advantage :mjlol: but hey idk. I noticed the shotgun spawns pretty quickly on damnation i assume every 30 secs or so. I'm trash as fukk right now. Went 7-34 on Hang em High :picard: Nikkaz just be doing the most on that map getting you out within seconds of a few shots.

H1 so cutthroat breh. shyt a whole different animal to all the other halos

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
H1 so cutthroat breh. shyt a whole different animal to all the other halos
Word. I was playing Halo 5 Mythic Rumble and was doing really good despite not having really played H5 much. Jumped onto Halo 1 MCC(PC beta) and was getting washed. Ending matches 7-34 and shyt :wow:
It's gonna take a minute to get used to this. I'd assume H1 skills would translate to H2 and later Halo's by default I guess?

dakidblu

We Out Here!
Daps
Word. I was playing Halo 5 Mythic Rumble and was doing really good despite not having really played H5 much. Jumped onto Halo 1 MCC(PC beta) and was getting washed. Ending matches 7-34 and shyt :wow:
It's gonna take a minute to get used to this. I'd assume H1 skills would translate to H2 and later Halo's by default I guess?

I wouldnt even say that since h1 is projectile, every weapon is viable in the right situation, you can nade weapons and power ups, and has a completely different spawn system. It has the biggest skill gap out of all the halos.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wouldnt even say that since h1 is projectile, every weapon is viable in the right situation, you can nade weapons and power ups, and has a completely different spawn system. It has the biggest skill gap out of all the halos.
Yeah i stick with pistols but switch to AR if I'm close range or for spraying to reveal camo users. The hard part is getting these button combos down for KB+M. I can do em with the controller but i prefer KB/M.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps

General knowledge of gameplay, timing, etc. should translate to a certain extent, but the rest of the Halos have changed weapon metas from the OG. The nerfing of the pistol and introduction of the BR changed things from 3 shot kills to 4 shot kills. Situations in Halo 1 where the plasma rifle was a decent option, are now not as optimal as melee-headshot in games like 2 or 3.